Unidentified hairy mushrooms

  • Thread starter Thread starter atoll
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

atoll

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2012
Messages
5,980
Reaction score
11,178
Location
Wales UK
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, not the best photo as my light were going down. I bought these what looks like 2 hairy mushrooms or is it just one, I can't make out. The LFS I got them/it from didn't know exactly what it/they are. Rhodactis maybe.
I can't see an obvious mouth but then it/they go over the rock to the otherside and I can't remove it to look.
Anybody got an ID on it/them?
20251212_211846.jpg
 
Last edited:
My guess is rhodactis on the right and common orange disco on left I got 1000's of them.
 
Sorry, not the best photo as my light were going down. I bought these what looks like 2 hairy mushrooms or is it just one, I can't make out. The LFS I got them/it from didn't know exactly what it/they are. Rhodactis maybe.
I can't see an obvious mouth but then it/they go over the rock to the otherside and I can't remove it to look.
Anybody got an ID on it/them?
20251212_211846.jpg
Rhodactis yuma, Possibly ultra orange
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new