Unidentified pest after Zoa dip

gingeramoeba

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2023
Messages
53
Reaction score
21
Location
Kirkland
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of these bugs came off my zoas after dipping. They are very small, 2-3mm. Mostly translucent. They have 2 thin long antennas on their head. I looked at photos of Zoanthid-eating nudibranchs and those are much thicker than what I found. Are these just amphipods? I do have amphipods in my tank. Trying to figure out what is irritating my zoas and palys.

IMG_7910.jpeg
 
seems very likely to be an amphipod. good critter
That’s what i was guessing. However, they may be good for some things but, they walk all over my zoas and irritate them so I moved them up to an isolated area and they seem to be doing better. Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new