unidentified snail, conch, or what?

gtguy256

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 14, 2014
Messages
64
Reaction score
49
Location
Spanish Fork, Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a 30# package of live rock from KP aquatics and along with everything else there is this snail I can't ID. It has a rolled edge to the shell kinda like a conch, but it is covered in fuzz/hair that I don't see on any of the conches. Can anyone ID?

suspicious snail.JPG
 
Could be nassarius snail covered in hydroids.
 
Whelk.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 38 31.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new