Union plumbing question...

Lylelovett

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 5, 2018
Messages
439
Reaction score
224
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I am in the midst of plumbing my 1.5" ghost overflow bean-animal to my sump. On one side of a union I didn't get the PVC pushed all the way in - about a 3/16" space between the end of pvc and the bottom of the union.

If I use it on my main drain am I asking for flow/noise/siphon issues?

Or is it totally fine to use and I'm overthinking it as I seem to on every decision in this hobby? :)

(I realize I could order another union, but as always if I I'd prefer to save $7+ and not be wasteful)

Thanks,
J
 
I agree you should be fine.. A Union Plumber might disagree however ..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new