Unknown bugs on zoas

elcapitan1993

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 4, 2021
Messages
819
Reaction score
334
Location
white city
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I try to look at my tank at night when everything is off because that’s when everything comes out, I saw these crawling all over my frags of zoas one of them is kind of fluorescent with I did not like because dosent that mean it’s eating my zoas? But they just look like pods of some sort to me, what do you all think?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7452.MOV
    74.9 MB
The links never work can you upload to YouTube then post link?
 
I saw the title and was scared OP had a Zoa spider problem; so glad that’s not the case.
I didn't see any zoa spiders or sundials. But I guess with a 20 second video, things can be hidden still.
And, there's this non moving object. Could be detritus.

detritus.jpg

So, opinions? It did not budge when the pods ran it over.
 
I didn't see any zoa spiders or sundials. But I guess with a 20 second video, things can be hidden still.
And, there's this non moving object. Could be detritus.

detritus.jpg

So, opinions? It did not budge when the pods ran it over.
I agree with either detritus or rock work protruding from Zoa mat- I imagine a spider would be on polyps :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new