Unknown clam

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jwalker814
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jwalker814

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 25, 2015
Messages
205
Reaction score
33
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've noticed I have what appears to be a clam or oyster attached to one of my rocks. Not sure where it came from or if it was even alive until today.

Today I noticed it was opening slightly after I cleaned the glass.

It's tucked away under a rock that was covered in starburst polys.

By the time I went to get my phone to take a picture it was closed. It has been in the tank for some time and I'm excited to finally see life!

Any idea what I could be? Any special techniques to help it grow and open more?
20160202_121817.jpg
 
Do you possibly have a another picture?
Probably a bivalve
 
yup. clam. do what your doing. filter feeder. I have more than my fair share.:D
Even if the corals cover it itll be fine. I found my first few under zoas that got melted by this newb years ago.
 
I tried to get him to open up a little with some plankton. Didn't work haha.
20160202_143305.jpg
20160202_143256.jpg
20160202_143259.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new