Unknown Pseudochromis?

BloopFish

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 2, 2019
Messages
798
Reaction score
587
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, didn't know where to post this, but I was looking at this fish and was trying to figure out what it is and I basically can't. I've seen it offered for sale by multiple places as "vampire pseudochromis- Maldives" with the exact same picture. Thing is, it doesn't look like the typical vampire pseudochromis or like any other I am aware of. Is this really Pseudochromis dilectus? It does look similar to juvenile pictures I've found, but not adult ones.

9F0FF844-12C0-4FD4-B0B2-C1BF4FFDBFC4.jpeg
 
They look very similar to the photos of the sub adults of dilectus I found here

4E2E4E13-AE4A-46B3-9FAE-849BE0A46EF9.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new