Unknown worm found on sump glass.

  • Thread starter Thread starter DeathPulse
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DeathPulse

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 17, 2026
Messages
18
Reaction score
23
Location
Ocala
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An unknown worm was seen going relatively quickly across the glass in the sump of my reefer 250. I tore apart my sump after this and removed the crushed coral. I couldn’t find him after it was torn apart.

Please see video:
 
Ribbon worm maybe? Hard to tell without an up close image of it. Usually harmless except to tiny inverts like copepods, but some species can be predatory.
 
Last edited:
Ribbon worm maybe? Hard to tell without an up close image of it. Usually harmless scavenger, but some species can be predatory.
I’ve been searching images of worms in reef tanks, it almost looks like a Dorvilleidae Worm. I am not sure which is why I’m reaching out for a second opinion. I just want to make sure it’s not a harmful worm.
 
I’ve been searching images of worms in reef tanks, it almost looks like a Dorvilleidae Worm. I am not sure which is why I’m reaching out for a second opinion. I just want to make sure it’s not a harmful worm.
There are well over 10,000 species of marine worms out there. Unfortunately you're looking for a needle in a haystack. It'd be cool if someone could give a positive ID on it tho. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it too much and chalk it up to a neat little hitch hiker,
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new