unkown critter in prefilter

frisbike

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2022
Messages
30
Reaction score
61
Location
Asheville
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC07322.JPG
 
Surprised you only found one. Those guys are ubiquitus in reef systems. I've always reffered to them as copepods but I think they are actually something else. They are beneficial though.
 
Upvote 0
Surprised you only found one. Those guys are ubiquitus in reef systems. I've always reffered to them as copepods but I think they are actually something else. They are beneficial though.
yes there were several came out when I rinsed the filter
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new