Unsure if this looks ok or is it too much

Rusticantlers85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just resetup a 90 gal like any thoughts on how it looks guess I'm having doubts on my art lol

Screenshot_20210426-170718_Gallery.jpg 641161634.jpg 641160516.jpg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The blue lights make it a little tough to see some of the details, but a few quick thoughts - double check the clearance between the glass and the rock all the way around so that you have room for cleaning, and think about what type of corals you are going to have in your tank (zoas may be fine on the top of your scape, but it may be too high for acros). It does look like it has caves and shelves so your fish and coral should appreciate that. From an aesthetic perspective, it seem to have the look of a volcano so that is a nice touch!

OP
OP
R

Rusticantlers85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes ik still trying to figure a schedule with more clear view but yes It has 2 or more in most spots up to 4 inch space from rock got caves and arches and flats but I'm just trying to get thoughts on if it's looks to much or like u said it does look like a volcano

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the 1st and 3rd pictures aren't showing for me, so if the ones I can see are the new pictures, it's way too much rock for my liking.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally like a more minimalist look, but yeah, I still think that is a lot of rock. I guess it depends on what your ultimate plans are. If you are planning on a lot of large SPS/LPS colonies, the water column space (which is already limited) is going to fill up pretty quick. If you plan on just keeping a bunch of small fish it is fine but you are going to want some more room for anything larger. The scape itself looks good....would be cool covered in zoas/mushrooms/anemones with a school of damsels/clowns.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Needs more negative space. Or add a couple Hobbit figures at the bottom and call it Mt Doom.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it .
but might be tricky when it comes time to place corals .
there really isn’t much room for larger lps and think the highest point might be too close
To the lights .

MamaLovesHerReefTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it. Lots of caves and hiding places for your fish which means less stress, which helps with overall better health. I'm not sure what kind of corals you are planning to add if any. That could be a factor if this scape is right for your tank. Make sure you have enough flow going through the tank so the detritus doesn't build up in the caves.
I would love this in my tank as corals are secondary to fish for me.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 29 33.7%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 14 16.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.5%
Back