OP
OP
The Salty Reefer

The Salty Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the middle of a frame off restoration on a 68. The frame on those C3’s can be downright scary. I couldn’t believe how big some of the rust holes were...

Yours looks like it is in very nice shape.
68 is a lovely model, I searched hi and low for a good body and after what seemed like 10 years this one finally came up, older couple owned it kept it in good shape,
:)

SHNICI

Well-Known Member and Coral Cabin owner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 2 results, impressive to say the least

You got many of them, I'll have to setup a trap soon, because in the past I was feeding a lot. At least to get the biggest.
In what footprint tank you are using this trap ?

OP
OP
The Salty Reefer

The Salty Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And that many worms? if you leave it on different spots, you will catch probably many more.
its a new tank, we inherited some live rock and got a few nasties in it lol
we will slowly grab mostof them, you would be surprised just how many are lurking around in a tank

flampton

Ecological Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really liking this design! Does anyone know availability of this style of trap in the states? I don't currently have bristle worm problems but I like to feed heavy.

Sorry for the quick derail @The Salty Reefer and much appreciate showing this trap off and how effective it is!

OP
OP
The Salty Reefer

The Salty Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really liking this design! Does anyone know availability of this style of trap in the states? I don't currently have bristle worm problems but I like to feed heavy.

Sorry for the quick derail @The Salty Reefer and much appreciate showing this trap off and how effective it is!
no probs at all mate, its a great design as this is the medium size and it seems to catch worms of all sizes, so worked well for us, hoping u can source one local :)

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no probs at all mate, its a great design as this is the medium size and it seems to catch worms of all sizes, so worked well for us, hoping u can source one local :)
Hi Ray, I'll try to find smaller one, because my bottom it's full of rock and corals ;)

Now the other think, I watch almost all of your Youtube videos, can I recommend you something: try to find and get D-D Coral Colour lenses, but don't pick the version 2 (last generation) try to find the older one gen1. I got and adapter and can mount them to my camera not only to clip them on my phones when I take photos/videos.
Or you can find for most of the cameras online Lenses which will cut off the Blue coming from the lights and to get the real clolour which you see in the tank. Also for cameras separate you can find lenses which will cut 15K and 20K orange and yellow, it's the same depending what do you use for videos/photos.
Or the DIY way is to find D-D coral colour glasses (or another type) take off one of the lenses and mount it somehow on front of your camera :)

OP
OP
The Salty Reefer

The Salty Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Ray, I'll try to find smaller one, because my bottom it's full of rock and corals ;)

Now the other think, I watch almost all of your Youtube videos, can I recommend you something: try to find and get D-D Coral Colour lenses, but don't pick the version 2 (last generation) try to find the older one gen1. I got and adapter and can mount them to my camera not only to clip them on my phones when I take photos/videos.
Or you can find for most of the cameras online Lenses which will cut off the Blue coming from the lights and to get the real clolour which you see in the tank. Also for cameras separate you can find lenses which will cut 15K and 20K orange and yellow, it's the same depending what do you use for videos/photos.
Or the DIY way is to find D-D coral colour glasses (or another type) take off one of the lenses and mount it somehow on front of your camera :)
My girlfriend has ordered me a Len's kit :) I used to have a better samsung phone also, so just waiting for my lens to come :)

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My girlfriend has ordered me a Len's kit :) I used to have a better samsung phone also, so just waiting for my lens to come :)
That's great mate. Sorry for telling you, you know about, just because I watch them, and many people don't know about :)
Wish you all my best

OP
OP
The Salty Reefer

The Salty Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great mate. Sorry for telling you, you know about, just because I watch them, and many people don't know about :)
Wish you all my best
no probs and its always good to say it just in case we didnt know :)
I wanted the lenses earlier as the blue saturates the pics badly and the reef tank is looking beautiful

Philly Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WoW... Without knowing your tank, I would say you have an investation there.

BTW. You have a good radio voice. Do you work in broadcasting?

OP
OP
The Salty Reefer

The Salty Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WoW... Without knowing your tank, I would say you have an investation there.

BTW. You have a good radio voice. Do you work in broadcasting?
Hi mate
we unfortunately had some live rock given to us for our new tank setup, it had a heap in it, we are thinning out and getting on top of it, its amazing how many can hide away in a tank, I have a background in training and facilitation, everyone always comments on my voice lol
I just tell them I have a greatface for radio ;)

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 5 and solid effort

Mate, I don't member for how long you have the tank, but I think you overfeed, all the bristle worms since video 1 are fed enough, it look they can't get more food, I watch all your videos again, and see all are fed.
Have on mind, after them is decomposition matter, and if you take most of them, it's a possibility you to go out of balance in your system, and you can get more rotten food which need to be decomposed by some one in your tank. You probably know what I mean, and I was thinking if you wish to slow down a little bit the process of taking them out, but it's up to you ;)

OP
OP
The Salty Reefer

The Salty Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rock n worms come from a very well established tank hence fatty
this tank is only 6 weeks old, and fed minimally :)
The old tank was running for years and we wanted to use cycled rock so thats why these guys are plump as
not really concerned with them as we will get numbers down easily
and I am quite enjoyingthe daily bounty

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back