Update on the anemone with no tentacles.

Agsellers04

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 13, 2020
Messages
283
Reaction score
269
Location
DFW
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I posted here a couple of months ago about an anemone who will not extend its tentacles. It extended them fine for the first couple weeks but all of a sudden the tentacles just stopped extending. Now it is just a foot and a mouth. The anemone eats, moves around, poops, and everything like normal it just won’t expand. It seems healthy other than not having any tentacles. My clowns did beat it up pretty good when it had tentacles. It is about 2” across.
I have tried increasing lighting, decreasing lighting, feeding, not feeding, etc. It has been well attached To the same rock for about a month.
Anyone have any ideas why it wont stretch its tentacles???
 
Replied in your original thread. How did you increase lighting? For how long? It is going to take months for them to recover, so trying more light for a few days is not going to tell you anything. From your description hear the have gone down hill further. What are you feeding them?
 
I increased lighting about 6 weeks ago. I use a 165W MarsAqua and a high intensity LED bulb. I feed it all kinds of things.

24E50EF7-D514-4BE6-BF8A-9D90907D40CB.jpeg 72A44D66-6D1D-48D3-859D-9226D758F7CC.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new