Updates

billgillette

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So since the update I am up to 184 update notifications. I get on here all the time and check things out but the notifications keep coming and they aren't clearing off. Anyone know how to fix this? I don't want to stop them completely but just be able to clear them.

ndz98

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes you have to click on the alert and go to the thread from there instead of just pressing the alert drop down bar. If that doesn't work the [HASHTAG]#mods[/HASHTAG] might be able to help.

OP
OP
billgillette

billgillette

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes you have to click on the alert and go to the thread from there instead of just pressing the alert drop down bar. If that doesn't work the [HASHTAG]#mods[/HASHTAG] might be able to help.
Well the problem then is the updates aren't telling me what thread they are coming from. I'm only subscribed to a few threads and I check those regularly. So I can't figure out where they are coming from lol.

ndz98

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the problem then is the updates aren't telling me what thread they are coming from. I'm only subscribed to a few threads and I check those regularly. So I can't figure out where they are coming from lol.
Huh that is weird. Maybe just a weird glitch or something. Hopefully someone can fix it!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hmmm...clicking on the "alerts" tab should clear them out. Are you using a browser on your pc, browser on your phone, or the app (not a browser)?

OP
OP
billgillette

billgillette

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using the app on my phone. And I click on the notifications I get on my phone and it goes into the app then I try going to different threads to see what's different. I get emails also so that's how I actually know which thread to go to. But I haven't gotten 207 emails though lol. That's what it's up to now.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok. I know that @revhtree has been encouraging the members to use the mobile version of the site through their phone's browser for the most part since the site software was updated a few months ago. I'm guessing that maybe the app is not clearing the alerts out the way the browser would. Would you mind logging into the site through your phone's (or your pc's) browser and hitting the "alerts" button on the menu bar? I want to see if that would clear it out for you. That will tell us if this is an issue with your account or if it's an issue with the app.

OP
OP
billgillette

billgillette

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok well I went through my browser on my phone and clicked on the alerts and it cleared them, so I'll wait and see if I get a new alert total or if it will continue to add them. But it appears to be a problem with the app I think? But it's weird if I'm the only one with this problem.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for letting us know. :) Hopefully that fixes the issue for you, but it does let us know of an bug in the app that should be addressed as well.

OP
OP
billgillette

billgillette

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for letting us know. :) Hopefully that fixes the issue for you, but it does let us know of an bug in the app that should be addressed as well.
No problem. And that didn't seem to reset them for the app it's still said 229 when I just saw the notification.

OP
OP
billgillette

billgillette

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I went back on the browser version on my phone and checked the alerts and they were still cleared there. Only had 1 from your last post on here. Think I'll try removing the app and re DL it.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That may help. I know after the update most people had to re-download the app to get it to work correctly (had forgotten that until you mentioned it). Please keep us posted.

OP
OP
billgillette

billgillette

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so re-downloaded app and I'm already up to 9 updates and the web browser had only a few alerts and cleared them on the browser but the app keeps adding them up again... So guess there's a problem with the app. I may just delete it and continue to use the browser, but I like the notifications when for the threads ugh lol.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello which APP are you using? The Tapatalk app or our R2R App? Also what device?

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello which APP are you using? The Tapatalk app or our R2R App? Also what device?

That may help. I know after the update most people had to re-download the app to get it to work correctly (had forgotten that until you mentioned it). Please keep us posted.
I'm having the same issue. I use both the app and mobile. My alerts from the app won't clear and I cannot check them. The old app had a notifications tab that allowed me to see who liked my comments or mentioned me or anything like that. Then I updated the app and it all went away.

OP
OP
billgillette

billgillette

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having the same issue. I use both the app and mobile. My alerts from the app won't clear and I cannot check them. The old app had a notifications tab that allowed me to see who liked my comments or mentioned me or anything like that. Then I updated the app and it all went away.
Yeah nothing has changed yet for me. Since I uninstalled and reinstalled I'm over 100 again.

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[HASHTAG]#mods[/HASHTAG] can we do something about this? Put the notifications tab back on the app? Thanks yall

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Notifications currently not available on Android and this is not something we control. It's a tapatalk issue.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 27 22.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 86 71.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.2%

Back