Updating AOS on ApexEL

  • Thread starter Thread starter hllb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 30, 2019
Messages
2,345
Reaction score
1,616
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been ignoring the latest AOS update and finally getting around to thinking about it. Just wanted to make sure that I have to connect it to my router with ethernet cable, rather than doing this over wifi? And using Apex local to do it? I haven't done this before so wanted to make sure.
 
The Apex-EL and the Apex 2016 both support installing AOS updates over WiFi, and it can be done from Fusion or the local dashboard.

Only the Apex Classic and older models require the network cable, and installation cannot be done from Fusion.
 
The Apex-EL and the Apex 2016 both support installing AOS updates over WiFi, and it can be done from Fusion or the local dashboard.

Only the Apex Classic and older models require the network cable, and installation cannot be done from Fusion.
Any risk to doing it via wifi? I'd prefer that method, for the obvious ease.
 
Any risk to doing it via wifi? I'd prefer that method, for the obvious ease.
As long as your Apex has a solid WiFi connection (i.e. you don’t experience frequent disconnects) then it will be fine to update.
 
As long as your Apex has a solid WiFi connection (i.e. you don’t experience frequent disconnects) then it will be fine to update.
Update done, no issues. Thanks! I had been avoiding it because I thought I couldn't do it via Wifi LOL
 
As long as your Apex has a solid WiFi connection (i.e. you don’t experience frequent disconnects) then it will be fine to update.
Oddly, I've had super erratic ph readings this afternoon, starting around 1:40 PM (so not immediately after the update). It's never done that before. I've been needing to recalibrate my probe, so perhaps that will take care of the issue.

1624906791065.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new