Updating legacy Radion G4s

OnPointCorals

Premier Aquaculture SPS Boutique
View Badges
Joined
Feb 27, 2017
Messages
2,066
Reaction score
1,569
Location
Boston, Ma
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I got 2 xr30 pros gen4 used that I’m trying to update to mobius. I opened them up and they definitely have the black chip.

They show up in update legacy devices. I go through the update process and every time they fail. I get the following results:
8C37993D-B5AC-43EB-8DB7-B43B77F71A8B.jpeg


5E8EDF69-0990-4264-9200-573373484FAD.jpeg


Any help will be greatly appreciated.
 
How old are they?

I bought them used without the box but the serial number starts with 93 and open them up and they have the new mobius chip inside.

I believe if they were not mobius ready they would not be detected by Bluetooth.
 
I bought them used without the box but the serial number starts with 93 and open them up and they have the new mobius chip inside.

I believe if they were not mobius ready they would not be detected by Bluetooth.
You would think so. A G4 that I purchased in 2017 that would be detected by bluetooth even though it didn't have the correct chip for it. It would never update, and give the same message you are getting. After trying it a few times, the light locked up all together and wouldn't do anything. I sent it in to Ecotech and they fixed the light and installed a new chip.
 
Don't know for sure. Mine from 2017 was black, but I still had to replace it. Send that pic to Ecotech. They got back to me really quickly with my issues.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new