Upgrade: 180 RR vs. 125

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Joined
Mar 4, 2011
Messages
3,488
Reaction score
142
Location
SouthWest FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 125 that has been my reef for some time now (about 2 + years) but recently found a 180 reef ready. I'm happy with my 125, but more room in the 180 allows more expanding with corals and tangs. If I do the upgrade, I'll have to take down the 125 and place the 180 in it's place (no room for both). What sounds better: stick with less hassle by keeping my current setup and buy more corals or get the 180 and start all over again?
 
Personally, it sounds like a lot to set up a whole new tank for an extra 55 gallons. Reaquascaping, sand removal, etc is not how I would want to spend a day off unless it was a substantial upgrade.
 
Personally, it sounds like a lot to set up a whole new tank for an extra 55 gallons. Reaquascaping, sand removal, etc is not how I would want to spend a day off unless it was a substantial upgrade.
I hear ya. I still would have 6 foot length in a tank, just a tad more height and a bit deeper front to back.
 
if there are no problems with your current......everything stable and going good....personally I would let it be and mature and when it grows out the bigger colonies will be easier to transfer and less chance of losses....jmo
 
No doubt. I have a 90g and sometimes I think of what I could do with an extra 6 inches...of depth. haha. Depth does offer more aquascaping options, but I'm holding out for a larger upgrade! Good luck mang, I'm sure whatever decision you make will be great.
 
No doubt. I have a 90g and sometimes I think of what I could do with an extra 6 inches...of depth. haha. Depth does offer more aquascaping options, but I'm holding out for a larger upgrade! Good luck mang, I'm sure whatever decision you make will be great.

lol!!! Yeah, still on the fence with the whole idea. Thanks
 
if there are no problems with your current......everything stable and going good....personally I would let it be and mature and when it grows out the bigger colonies will be easier to transfer and less chance of losses....jmo
The only issue right now (kinda always) is wanting and wanting more. No issues right now to speak of though. Thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new