Upgrade: 180 RR vs. 125

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 125 that has been my reef for some time now (about 2 + years) but recently found a 180 reef ready. I'm happy with my 125, but more room in the 180 allows more expanding with corals and tangs. If I do the upgrade, I'll have to take down the 125 and place the 180 in it's place (no room for both). What sounds better: stick with less hassle by keeping my current setup and buy more corals or get the 180 and start all over again?

florida reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, it sounds like a lot to set up a whole new tank for an extra 55 gallons. Reaquascaping, sand removal, etc is not how I would want to spend a day off unless it was a substantial upgrade.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, it sounds like a lot to set up a whole new tank for an extra 55 gallons. Reaquascaping, sand removal, etc is not how I would want to spend a day off unless it was a substantial upgrade.
I hear ya. I still would have 6 foot length in a tank, just a tad more height and a bit deeper front to back.

BluegrassReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if there are no problems with your current......everything stable and going good....personally I would let it be and mature and when it grows out the bigger colonies will be easier to transfer and less chance of losses....jmo

florida reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No doubt. I have a 90g and sometimes I think of what I could do with an extra 6 inches...of depth. haha. Depth does offer more aquascaping options, but I'm holding out for a larger upgrade! Good luck mang, I'm sure whatever decision you make will be great.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No doubt. I have a 90g and sometimes I think of what I could do with an extra 6 inches...of depth. haha. Depth does offer more aquascaping options, but I'm holding out for a larger upgrade! Good luck mang, I'm sure whatever decision you make will be great.

lol!!! Yeah, still on the fence with the whole idea. Thanks

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if there are no problems with your current......everything stable and going good....personally I would let it be and mature and when it grows out the bigger colonies will be easier to transfer and less chance of losses....jmo
The only issue right now (kinda always) is wanting and wanting more. No issues right now to speak of though. Thanks

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back