Upgrade Reef Octopus RODC 3500

  • Thread starter Thread starter MikeWatts
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MikeWatts

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2017
Messages
34
Reaction score
22
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can the pump controller that comes with the Reef Octopus 170int Regal be upgraded to new style controller? It came with the older red controller.
Thanks!
 
Yes, it can. I am assuming that you have an RODC-3500S pump. You can replace the old red controller with the VarioS-4S controller (no need for a new power supply) and that will work just fine.
 
Yes, it can. I am assuming that you have an RODC-3500S pump. You can replace the old red controller with the VarioS-4S controller (no need for a new power supply) and that will work just fine.
Go go old thread revive! Lol

my 3500s DC pump on my Sro 3000int went out and I thought it was the controller because when I plug it in even without the pump connected, it still shuts off in a few seconds.

With the pump connected, it works for about 30 seconds then shut back off again.

But I tried plugging in a brand new various 4S controller, just error lights keep on flashing.

Pump pinwheel still turns like butter manually, so I’m not sure what the issue is?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new