Upgrade suggestions from IM Nuvo 25

PugsAndFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to upgrade my tank. I have a Innovative Marine 25 right now and I love it except that I'm out of space. I had a Red Sea 170 before but had to give that up before I moved.

I'm heavily leaning towards a Innovative Marine 50 AIO right now. It's a decent footprint upgrade from what I have now and I want to stick with an AIO system for simplicity. I also feel like 50 gallon tank water changes are still manageable for someone who has to pull out the RODI unit everytime I make water and have to leave the bucket running in the middle of the apartment for the day while it fills :)I've had a traditional sump before and it was great but I find that I find the hobby more enjoyable keeping it simple (heater, pump, filter floss, ATO in the back chambers). I also live in an apartment and move every few years so a massive system is not great for now (maybe in the future).

Only thing is the Innovative Marine 50 AIO is $1200 including the stand. Anyone have any other system options that come with a stand and everything ready to go around the same price? I don't have the tools or time to do a build on my own right now with all the plumbing and all. The closest Red Sea option around that price is the Reefer 170 which I've already had and the footprint is actually smaller. I've looked at waterbox too but I think they are a bit pricier than Red Sea and Innovative Marine.

I really like the Innovative Marine 50 AIO system and the stand too but if I can find a comparable system while saving, that's something I'd like to also consider.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to upgrade my tank. I have a Innovative Marine 25 right now and I love it except that I'm out of space. I had a Red Sea 170 before but had to give that up before I moved.

I'm heavily leaning towards a Innovative Marine 50 AIO right now. It's a decent footprint upgrade from what I have now and I want to stick with an AIO system for simplicity. I also feel like 50 gallon tank water changes are still manageable for someone who has to pull out the RODI unit everytime I make water and have to leave the bucket running in the middle of the apartment for the day while it fills :)I've had a traditional sump before and it was great but I find that I find the hobby more enjoyable keeping it simple (heater, pump, filter floss, ATO in the back chambers). I also live in an apartment and move every few years so a massive system is not great for now (maybe in the future).

Only thing is the Innovative Marine 50 AIO is $1200 including the stand. Anyone have any other system options that come with a stand and everything ready to go around the same price? I don't have the tools or time to do a build on my own right now with all the plumbing and all. The closest Red Sea option around that price is the Reefer 170 which I've already had and the footprint is actually smaller. I've looked at waterbox too but I think they are a bit pricier than Red Sea and Innovative Marine.

I really like the Innovative Marine 50 AIO system and the stand too but if I can find a comparable system while saving, that's something I'd like to also consider.
I have a Lagoon 50 AIO with the APS stand and it’s been great. Let me know if you want any suggestions for equipment. Water changes are very manageable, I change 4.5 gallons once a week so it’s a one bucket process. Super easy.

OP
OP
PugsAndFish

PugsAndFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Lagoon 50 AIO with the APS stand and it’s been great. Let me know if you want any suggestions for equipment. Water changes are very manageable, I change 4.5 gallons once a week so it’s a one bucket process. Super easy.
Yea I love the 25 AIO so I'm suspecting I'll love the 50 AIO even more (more so with the nice stand upgrade too to keep things neater).

I saw your thread and it looks awesome.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I love the 25 AIO so I'm suspecting I'll love the 50 AIO even more (more so with the nice stand upgrade too to keep things neater).

I saw your thread and it looks awesome.
Oh thanks, appreciate it.
The stand is great but you’ll want to shore up the bottom piece. If I was doing it again I would have cut a piece of plywood to sit below the bottom board they give you with the stand. You’ll also want to seal it so if you spill any water it doesn’t get under the stand. I had a spill and it was no fun trying to get water out from under the plastic floor matt I had placed under the stand.
Your stand will come with a shelf which I did not get. Bought mine before the shelf existed.
Tag me when you start your build thread so I can follow.

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both the 25 and 50, and I absolutely love the 50g aio! Keep checking the classifieds, you might get lucky.
One random day, i was browsing and saw a guy 3 hours away from me selling his 1ish year old 50g with stand for $400- I picked it up the next day lol.
I haven’t gotten around to make a build thread yet, but if you want a sneak peak, I made an instagram account for it while i was bored at work today lol-Lousreefinmadness

I vote a IM 50g AIO, it’s light and offers a bunch of room compared to the 25.

A17F148A-5C38-4D89-B0AF-9AA863B19420.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back