UPGRADED! AquaMaxx HOB-1 Protein Skimmer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
You know those cool, coke bottle-shaped conical diffusers on the bubble plate of the ConeS protein skimmer line?

AquaMaxx just upgraded the HOB-1 with the same style plus redesigned the hang-on bracket AND increased the size of the collection cup!

Best of all, they're now IN STOCK—while supplies last, anyway. Here are some photos we shot of the new skimmer:

AquaMaxx-HOB-1-Hang-On-Back-Protein-Skimmer-99.jpg

AquaMaxx-HOB-1-Hang-On-Back-Protein-Skimmer-95.jpg

AquaMaxx-HOB-1-Hang-On-Back-Protein-Skimmer-96.jpg

AquaMaxx-HOB-1-Hang-On-Back-Protein-Skimmer-97.jpg

AquaMaxx-HOB-1-Hang-On-Back-Protein-Skimmer-98.jpg

Culater94

View Badges
Reaction score
Will they sell the cup and cone as upgrade to older version? Does it fit, same footprint?

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Will they sell the cup and cone as upgrade to older version? Does it fit, same footprint?

We presently don't have those pieces available as sold separately accessories, but we are discovering there may be some demand for them. If we continue to receive requests, we will see if AquaMaxx can make them available to us. Although we haven't tried it ourselves, we're pretty certain both the cup and bubble plate could be used on older HOB-1 models—just not the new hang-on bracket. Thanks for your interest!

myownlife

View Badges
Reaction score
I'd like to get the pieces needed for upgrade as well. How much better does it perform. my skimmer already does a great job

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
I'd like to get the pieces needed for upgrade as well. How much better does it perform. my skimmer already does a great job

I just asked our purchasing manager to contact AquaMaxx to see if we can acquire those parts to sell as an upgrade kit. We'll see what happens!

As far as performance, honestly we have no idea (as of today). We've only been selling the updated model a week or so and haven't conducted any sort of side-by-side tests... or tested the new design ourselves for that matter. It's so difficult to keep the HOB-1's in stock because the demand is so high so we're a bit reluctant to take one of the shelf until we get another shipment.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 19.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 131 76.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back