Upgraded Pump for Deskmate (Syncra)

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! So I'm not sure if it will quite down, but the pump is a little noisy, and with it being right next to my desk I might need to do something about that.

If I do, which pump are y'all putting in that rear chamber? I assume it's this one "Syncra Silent 0.5 Pump (185 GPH) - Sicce" The micra looks like it's not putting out enough GPH.

Let me know what y'all have done!

Thanks!

NexisG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally use either the IM mightyjet or Jebao’s mini dc pumps for all my nanos. They’re silent on lower settings, with a light hum on higher settings. I always found sicces pumps to be too loud

elliebee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked at the diagram for the model you posted - I could be wrong, but I think the model you posted might be too big to fit. Not sure if you can modify it or not. I normally use IM mightjet pumps on a nano, but started off with this sicce for now:

It does fit and pushes a bit more water for my VCA random flow generator than the stock pump. I don’t think it is a lot more silent than the stock pump (don’t remember for sure), I can hear a mild hum, but not enough to annoy me. I am good with it, but may eventually upgrade to the IM.

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked at the diagram for the model you posted - I could be wrong, but I think the model you posted might be too big to fit. Not sure if you can modify it or not. I normally use IM mightjet pumps on a nano, but started off with this sicce for now:

It does fit and pushes a bit more water for my VCA random flow generator than the stock pump. I don’t think it is a lot more silent than the stock pump (don’t remember for sure), I can hear a mild hum, but not enough to annoy me. I am good with it, but may eventually upgrade to the IM.

Thanks! Micra it is! The stock one on my end is giving off a bit of a rattle. I could work with a hum...but the rattle is a bit annoying.

Thanks!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back