Upgraded Pump for Deskmate (Syncra)

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 12, 2017
Messages
2,057
Reaction score
2,412
Location
North Carolina
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally use either the IM mightyjet or Jebao’s mini dc pumps for all my nanos. They’re silent on lower settings, with a light hum on higher settings. I always found sicces pumps to be too loud
 
I looked at the diagram for the model you posted - I could be wrong, but I think the model you posted might be too big to fit. Not sure if you can modify it or not. I normally use IM mightjet pumps on a nano, but started off with this sicce for now:

Amazon product ASIN B004ZJDN56
It does fit and pushes a bit more water for my VCA random flow generator than the stock pump. I don’t think it is a lot more silent than the stock pump (don’t remember for sure), I can hear a mild hum, but not enough to annoy me. I am good with it, but may eventually upgrade to the IM.
 
I looked at the diagram for the model you posted - I could be wrong, but I think the model you posted might be too big to fit. Not sure if you can modify it or not. I normally use IM mightjet pumps on a nano, but started off with this sicce for now:

Amazon product ASIN B004ZJDN56
It does fit and pushes a bit more water for my VCA random flow generator than the stock pump. I don’t think it is a lot more silent than the stock pump (don’t remember for sure), I can hear a mild hum, but not enough to annoy me. I am good with it, but may eventually upgrade to the IM.
Thanks! Micra it is! The stock one on my end is giving off a bit of a rattle. I could work with a hum...but the rattle is a bit annoying.

Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new