Upgraded!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as most here know, I'm a big fan of Kessil. And I HAD a pair of A360WE's over my tank. But I got the itch to take it one step up. So I bought a new light from @BoomCorals I am now the proud owner of an AP700! I've got to say this light is a huge improvement over the A360's. It eliminates some of the shadowing I had before and after only one day I've noticed a big change in my corals. My toadstools polyps are extended more, and my acros colored up even more than they already were. Setup was a breeze considering I already had the 90 degree mounting arms. And downloading the app and syncing it to my router took literally less than a minute. Creating a new program was a little bit of a learning curve but once I got it figured out I was able to program a full 10 hour cycle with ramp up and ramp down with cloud cover and storms.
If you were considering this light at any point, I would highly recommend it.
fZZUjkgl.jpg

WBvtzyvl.jpg
I'm missing two screws in this picture, but they should hopefully be here tomorrow in the mail. I couldn't find my other two.
6IN04dTl.jpg

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Side note did your lights arrive? :D
They arrived in Ontario California a few hours ago and are now in a truck about 103.7 miles from here due to be deliverd tomorrow. :D
The third is coming from Florida and should be in ca state at midnight tonight.

Not that I looked or anything.

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They arrived in Ontario California a few hours ago and are now in a truck about 103.7 miles from here due to be deliverd tomorrow. :D
The third is coming from Florida and should be in ca state at midnight tonight.

Not that I looked or anything.
You're as bad as me

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will love this light. What I noticed though, I am only able to adjust Red and green levels on my phone. I have the Kessil app installed on my iPad as well and I can't seem to adjust Red and greens. So, I just use my phone to control the light. Adding a little green and red to the blue makes the tank look amazing with this light. You will not be disappointed.

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just upgraded with a pair of Kessil A360WE and I have to say that Kessil has won another customer :)
I still slowly acclimate my tank to these lights intensity and I'm already saw huge improvement over Current Orbit + T5 combination lights system.

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just upgraded with a pair of Kessil A360WE and I have to say that Kessil has won another customer :)
I still slowly acclimate my tank to these lights intensity and I'm already saw huge improvement over Current Orbit + T5 combination lights system.
Are you manually controlling yours or are you using a controller?

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excuses are like Xenia.
Full Tank Shot.jpg

LOL Well here is my FTS...I already warned you guys...It's blank even though I got this tank up and running over a year ago for FOWLR. I do have Torch Coral and Xenia and very simple setup (no sump, no skimmer, I took skimmer off few weeks ago) and I still have a lot more researching before I'm getting into other corals :)
*Sorry for the ugly tank wall because I have this tank for many years and its been through from fresh to salt water setup, QT tank and used to be my Mantis Shrimp tank until it's passed due to old ages and failed molting.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Full Tank Shot.jpg

LOL Well here is my FTS...I already warned you guys...It's blank even though I got this tank up and running over a year ago for FOWLR. I do have Torch Coral and Xenia and very simple setup (no sump, no skimmer, I took skimmer off few weeks ago) and I still have a lot more researching before I'm getting into other corals :)
*Sorry for the ugly tank wall because I have this tank for many years and its been through from fresh to salt water setup, QT tank and used to be my Mantis Shrimp tank until it's passed due to old ages and failed molting.
Great looking tank

Great clam. Make sure that guy gets enough light.

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'm acclimating it to my Kessil (LFS using LED on the tank too some LED black box hang 36 inches above the tank, tank very shallow though and the clam pretty much 3 or 4 inches below water line). My light running at 50% Color/50% intensity for now at highest peak noon, I'll rank up 5% more the intensity next week until fully cap intensity. I also have Six Line and Royal Gamma in there, the six line cruising around the rock all the time but the Royal disappeared into the rock work and never seen it, I'm afraid it's either dead or playing hide and seek :)

Last edited:

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL speaking of a devil (Royal Gamma), I just saw it popped out of a rock hole, it does look healthy and FAT lol probably its catch all the foods behind the rocks work where my power head flow to keep water circulate within the rocks.

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Full Tank Shot.jpg

It looks good! Don't ever be ashamed of your tank. With all the work that we put into them, be proud :)

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.7%
Back