Upgraded!

Gino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as most here know, I'm a big fan of Kessil. And I HAD a pair of A360WE's over my tank. But I got the itch to take it one step up. So I bought a new light from @BoomCorals I am now the proud owner of an AP700! I've got to say this light is a huge improvement over the A360's. It eliminates some of the shadowing I had before and after only one day I've noticed a big change in my corals. My toadstools polyps are extended more, and my acros colored up even more than they already were. Setup was a breeze considering I already had the 90 degree mounting arms. And downloading the app and syncing it to my router took literally less than a minute. Creating a new program was a little bit of a learning curve but once I got it figured out I was able to program a full 10 hour cycle with ramp up and ramp down with cloud cover and storms.
If you were considering this light at any point, I would highly recommend it.
fZZUjkgl.jpg

WBvtzyvl.jpg
I'm missing two screws in this picture, but they should hopefully be here tomorrow in the mail. I couldn't find my other two.
6IN04dTl.jpg
I wish, I could put my hands on one of those AP 700 for my new build up. Those lights are in another level.

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I entered. I got my fingers crossed... Buajajaja!!!
By the way, I will look forward to see more pictures of how your tank progress with this lights. Have a great week!!!
You as well, thank you!

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update

The only thing that I do not like about the AP700. It isn't the light, but the app. On the app when you're programming your day, to do weather effects you can only program 10 points and they're only 2 minutes a point! I emailed Kessil and got a pretty positive response about changing it. My email basically stated that it would be better do it a pick your time frame and chance of that weather pattern, so "From 13:30 to 15:00 50% chance of cloud cover. Or from 14:00 to 15:00 25% chance thunderstorm." So that way it randomizes it on whether you'll get the weather patterns and they last longer than 2 minutes a piece. Their response was that they would forward the idea to the programmers for further consideration. So we'll see where that goes...So if anyone here would like to help me make this a reality, email kessil and see if they'll update their app to this concept. Thanks everyone :)

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IOjjeYTl.jpg

@saltyfilmfolks @BoomCorals
Here is your full tank shot. I apologize that it's so late, but I wanted to wait to have fish back in it before I took it :)

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.7%
Back