Upgrading from a 30g to a 55g

Mdedeaux

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2011
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Bay St. Louis, MS
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a 55g aquarium from petco this weekend, 1.00 a gal up to 55 gallon. I am currently in a 30 gallon tank. I'm not sure about how i should go about doing this. If I would transfer everything over in one evening would it be ok, or since its a new tank is it gonna have to cycle?
 
Make about 25 gallons of fresh saltwater, throw in a mini-jet or similar pump to keep the water mixed for 24 hrs. Transfer your 30g contents over. Top off with your fresh saltwater. you should be good to go. there MAY be a mini-cycle if you kill a lot of stuff on your LR but it should be ok. Congrats on the upgrade...this hobby gets addictive fast!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new