Upgrading tank and need some stocking advice

WurzelWoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brand new Red Sea max 650 is arriving on Friday, which will replace my first 55g tank. My current fish stock is 2 yellowtail damsels, a six line wrasse and two black percula clowns. Basically I have 5 ****** fish that will be moved into the new tank.

I would like some advice on what fish based on any experiences you've had might be a good fit with them. I'm guessing some of the more sedate fish like cardinals and blennies might be a struggle. Do I go big fishes with attitude? Small and quick into rock fishes?

Or do I try and re home them and start with a blank slate? They can also live in the smaller tank for a while if adding them after newer additions would help.

OP
OP
W

WurzelWoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations you’re now eligible to own tangs.
A brave new world haha. Was looking at maybe a Tomini and if I can an Achilles at some point but will wait a while before I drop that kind of cash on one single fish!

Danroo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big fishes are great for FOWLR tanks IMO. Mixed fishes for reef tanks gives more natural look for me.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends what you want to stock. I would keep the perc's as they can usually mix with most fish in a big tank.

If you want more wrasse like fairy's or leopards, ect. Then I would re-home the sixline.

Yellowtails can be fine as well unless you have a particularly nasty one. Not uncommon to see them in tanks to add a splash of color.

You could look into a foxface and Genicanthus angelfish.

OP
OP
W

WurzelWoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends what you want to stock. I would keep the perc's as they can usually mix with most fish in a big tank.

If you want more wrasse like fairy's or leopards, ect. Then I would re-home the sixline.

Yellowtails can be fine as well unless you have a particularly nasty one. Not uncommon to see them in tanks to add a splash of color.

You could look into a foxface and Genicanthus angelfish.

Are there any wrasses that would be compatible with my beloved yet psychotic Sox line?

Foxface is on the list, never read anything on those angels before, intial review makes them sound interesting, thanks buddy!

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any wrasses that would be compatible with my beloved yet psychotic Sox line?

Foxface is on the list, never read anything on those angels before, intial review makes them sound interesting, thanks buddy!
The general consensus from wrasse masters is no don’t do it

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back