Upgrading Tank?

JerseyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fellow reefers! Would love your thoughts on this one.

So I’ve been running a 65 gallon DT with a 40 gallon sump for 6 years now. I probably need to move it to my basement soon and the space I’ve chosen gives me much more space with no structural concerns. I’ve been looking online and saw a used 120 gallon system (mine is rimless and this other one isn’t but I’m not super concerned about the high end atheistics anymore). I’m reviewing the specs but my question is this:

I’m thinking of buying the new (used) system and getting it up and running. Then slowly moving my corals and fish to the new tank to limit animal and my stress. I could then sell my DT. Do you think this is a good idea?

Another question is do you think I could run 2 sumps? One would be a fuge I buy with the
and I would convert my existing sump to a frag tank. Has anyone run 2 parallel sumps?

Impala67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fellow reefers! Would love your thoughts on this one.

So I’ve been running a 65 gallon DT with a 40 gallon sump for 6 years now. I probably need to move it to my basement soon and the space I’ve chosen gives me much more space with no structural concerns. I’ve been looking online and saw a used 120 gallon system (mine is rimless and this other one isn’t but I’m not super concerned about the high end atheistics anymore). I’m reviewing the specs but my question is this:

I’m thinking of buying the new (used) system and getting it up and running. Then slowly moving my corals and fish to the new tank to limit animal and my stress. I could then sell my DT. Do you think this is a good idea?

Another question is do you think I could run 2 sumps? One would be a fuge I buy with the
and I would convert my existing sump to a frag tank. Has anyone run 2 parallel sumps?
I have bought used before just keep in mine you will want to reseal the tank before adding your crew I would also keep the old tank for at least two weeks as the new one (used) that you bought is in use just in case if something goes wrong with the structure of the tank you can quickly move everything back over. As far as two dumps goes you can do that but in my experience it’s a lot easier to just use one big one!!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back