Upgrading to a full reef, have some lighting questions

blue.flyzz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 16, 2013
Messages
240
Reaction score
99
Location
NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 3 years ago, after a 20 year absence from the hobby, I started a 75 gallon FOWLR. It's run well and last year I bought a Marineland Double Bright LED at a great price...I bought a small colony or red mushrooms that grew like weeds, then tried some polyps and i was instantly addicted. I have 2 Xenias, long tentacle plate coral, several polyp colonies, one of which has grown from the frag and is carpeting the rock it's on nicely, a couple of brains, a lemon tree and an Australian Big Polyp Blasto. I'll be finishing the basement, making my own room, and my wife said as long as I get my tank out of "her" living room, I can go bigger :) I plan on getting a 125 gallon and want to do a full reef. The lighting choices are driving me insane, but after tons of research, I'm about to narrow it down to getting two Evergrow IT2060s. Would appreciate some expert advice/comments about my choice, please keep in mind that upgrading to a 125 will be costly in itself, not including building a new man cave and then furnishing it as well, including TV, BOSE Home Theater, etc. I don't want to go overboard on spending to the point where I have to sleep with one eye open :)
 
Welcome to reef2reef! I'm sure there are plenty of people that will be able to give you info on your build!
 
Very nice choice, theres not much those babies can't do for ya. !!:bigsmile:
 
I recently built a 125G display as my first tank, I would say I spent around $40-$45 per gallon to get it setup correctly, including rock. I would probably change some decisions like my lighting and have gone with the new Vega or Razor models.

R420r LED Lighting System
AI Vega
 
thanks all and Brent I really liked the Razors, they wound up being #2 when I found the Evergrows at a substantially less price
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new