Upgrading to a larger tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter erohlfes
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

erohlfes

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2014
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Location
bartlett il.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, just looking to get some input on this. I currently have a 14 gal biocube that has been up and running for about 14 months. I just bought a 29 gal biocube and I want to move the stuff from my 14 to my 29. What is the best way to do this? If i use the live rock and the water from my 14 gal do have to cycle the new tank again??I have 2 clowns, some soft coral and a couple soft starfish and a peppermint shrimp. Thanks in advance for the help. Also I bought new live sand so I dont have to mess with the old stuff
 
Well you will want to add more LR I'm sure or use dry rock, so there might be a small cycle. You'll still see diatoms from the new sand. I would still let it sit a week or so
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new