Upgrading to Red Sea Reefer 170

bheumann

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2019
Messages
4
Reaction score
5
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s going on everyone I am upgrading to the Red Sea reefer 170 at the end of the month and wanted to see what everyone things for livestock.

Currently I have 2 clowns and 1 mandarin goby “eating frozen” curious what else I should add for live stock.

Any inputs for possibly CUC too? Thinking trocus, hermits, tuxedo urchin?
 
What’s going on everyone I am upgrading to the Red Sea reefer 170 at the end of the month and wanted to see what everyone things for livestock.

Currently I have 2 clowns and 1 mandarin goby “eating frozen” curious what else I should add for live stock.

Any inputs for possibly CUC too? Thinking trocus, hermits, tuxedo urchin?
Wow would love to do that.
 
hows the upgrade planning going? I'm also planning on upgrading to a reefer 170 in the next couple of months.
 
I'm about six months since lights on.

4 fish

1 Midas Blenny
1 Male Bluestar Leopard Wrasse
1 Female Flame Fairy Wrasse
1 Long Nose Hawkfish

I have a lot of corals already, tank is SPS dominant with LPS in the bottom 3rd.

I think if I am careful. I would go two more small peaceful fish. But I did not go clowns at all, so the balance is maybe different. Have no fish aggression issues so far.

Awesome that you have a mandarin eating frozen!

RE CUC.

Mexican Turbos...wow they clean and are careful and huge.
Emerald crab..has skills...may not be perfect if hungry
Pincushion Urchin, awesome addition, hilarious, great CUC, will eat you corialline but will not get it all.

For CUC, check out Pacific East Aquaculture.
 
Last edited:
Cooofffffeeeeee!
9Dqtij2.png

Munch in the morning.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new