UPS STRIKE

*unique*

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone , I recently purchased a expensive fish almost $600 , the seller is now telling me they will only ship the fish UPS even with this major strike going on I don’t have the option to choose another shipper company such as FedEx , since they “only use ups”… anyways this fish was an auction I knew nothing about shipping insurance that they want me to pay for.

Now they want me to pay an extra $80 , when I reached out and expressed my concern to them towards the ups strike which is the cause of many packages being mistreated and delayed .I asked if they can please please use FedEx , they said they only use ups.

I think it’s a little unfair to the customer with all that’s going on with ups they still choose to use it, even tho they know the outcome for the customers order may be problematic due to a delay in the live animal delivery which they state they have no control on refunding if it is delayed .

So now since it’s most likely ups could delay the order the customer has to pay this extra $80…..

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully you haven't paid already. Sounds sketchy to me trying to pad the price with the ins. I'd pass on the whole transaction if it were me.
I have a feeling that as an auction that may not be an option. Never hurts to inquire...

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi everyone , I recently purchased a expensive fish almost $600 , the seller is now telling me they will only ship the fish UPS even with this major strike going on I don’t have the option to choose another shipper company such as FedEx , since they “only use ups”… anyways this fish was an auction I knew nothing about shipping insurance that they want me to pay for.

Now they want me to pay an extra $80 , when I reached out and expressed my concern to them towards the ups strike which is the cause of many packages being mistreated and delayed .I asked if they can please please use FedEx , they said they only use ups.

I think it’s a little unfair to the customer with all that’s going on with ups they still choose to use it, even tho they know the outcome for the customers order may be problematic due to a delay in the live animal delivery which they state they have no control on refunding if it is delayed .

So now since it’s most likely ups could delay the order the customer has to pay this extra $80…..
Contest the charges or refuse the order. I cant believe shipper is going to play this game now.
UPS service will flow as normal and strike as mentioned out of the question. The union and members got what they asked for and are voting over the next two weeks due to number of workers that need to vote and accept contract deemed favorable.
I have asked for many shipper changes in the past and received that request. I imagine shipper has a discounted account with UPS as I have with UPS and FEDex

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems the $80 is the insurance. Has nothing to do with the strike or something fishy. I ship reptiles and only way I guarantee live arrival is via insurance and according to the shipping services protocol such as shipping when weather permits and not when there's a potential disruption due to items such as a strike. Customer always has the option to pick up delivery vs having it shipped. I get it.

Before I'm reminded there's no strike. Just quoting an example where shipment wouldn't be guaranteed and I wouldn't ship. Internet often quick to correct :rolleyes:

Last edited:

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The insurance is smart on the sellers end, sounds like the seller wants to collect an extra $600 if the package doesn’t make it to buyer. Benefit from the UPS strike.
The buyer should one pick up the item them selves or call credit card company and force a return of funds

OP
OP
U

*unique*

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contest the charges or refuse the order. I cant believe shipper is going to play this game now.
UPS service will flow as normal and strike as mentioned out of the question. The union and members got what they asked for and are voting over the next two weeks due to number of workers that need to vote and accept contract deemed favorable.
I have asked for many shipper changes in the past and received that request. I imagine shipper has a discounted account with UPS as I have with UPS and FEDex
Hard to refuse because the order was won in an auction and they had a credit from me from a previous fish that came in dead so I used the gift card plus no refunds what so ever , soI’m stuck and will need to order something from them before the month is up. It sucks and I hope they let they’re customers know about this extra $80 fee they are doing and how most likely the order will get delayed , since they don’t use any other shipping methods no matter what the situation is.

All I’m saying is if I have a company who value they’re returning customers pockets, and I know my only shipper is on strike cause many problems I would change asap. For the time being.

OP
OP
U

*unique*

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The insurance is smart on the sellers end, sounds like the seller wants to collect an extra $600 if the package doesn’t make it to buyer. Benefit from the UPS strike.
The buyer should one pick up the item them selves or call credit card company and force a return of funds
Apparently they policy states “We are not held responsible due to delays with ups what so ever, we have a no refund policy due to this “ and oh trust me they use this policy to fight fight fight with credit cards and the almost always sometimes win. It sucks what this hobby is now :/ makes everyone feel on edge whenever we order online especially with the no refunding policy nobody does anymore.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to refuse because the order was won in an auction and they had a credit from me from a previous fish that came in dead so I used the gift card plus no refunds what so ever , soI’m stuck and will need to order something from them before the month is up. It sucks and I hope they let they’re customers know about this extra $80 fee they are doing and how most likely the order will get delayed , since they don’t use any other shipping methods no matter what the situation is.

All I’m saying is if I have a company who value they’re returning customers pockets, and I know my only shipper is on strike cause many problems I would change asap. For the time being.
No strike. Insurance isnt a bad option but would be good to know ahead of time. Is the 80 mandatory or is it optional?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back