UPS. The WORST shipper.

sailfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it has alot to do with the actual delivery guy. My Fed ex guy rocks and I think I may even start tiping him. I will not even let ups deliver to my house. I go and pick it up from a local facility.

Joe

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to say that I have had equal issues with all of them, UPS, Fed Ex and USPS. The UPS Express person that delivers in my area is a complete liar. He delivers late every time and scans the package before it gets to me. The last package arrived at 11:20 and he must have scanned it in the back of his truck at 10:10 because thats when it said it was delivered and he rang my door bell at 11:20.
My point is that sometimes its not the company but one bad delivery person...

i agree same thing happened to me... and another time there was no signature needed for the package and the driver scanned it as signature needed and sent it back to the ups office but never left a notice...

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Im glad UPS has been good to a few they cost me over 3000.00 grand the year we used them they even came to the house scanned a 500+ order but say they never picked it up then you call our rep and she blames us, so good luck with them as of this year with FEDEX we have had 5 delayed packages but so far everything has arrived ok, Oh and havnt had one leaky box due to being smashed or more like thrown yet hmmm go figure as you can tell I'm pretty sour on UPS

cultivatedcoral

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ORA ships UPS to us every time. Probably because we are in FL so UPS is cheaper than Fedex in state.

Really could of fooled me what do they ship with UPS when I talked with Laura she had nothing good to say when I was having problems lol more or less made me go to Fedex actualy.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had good luck with all of them and late deliveries with all of them.....My Fedex person(she) is a reefchick and knows that when I have a FedEx express package that it is reef related. After 100's of packages she now delivers my package first thing on her route.....Can't beat that....BUt that has nothing to do with the company that is just another reefer looking out for another....

joefish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sending my orders to your house Az, love the inside connection! Fedex left an order of inverts on the doorstep in the snow. Two weeks later UPS did the same with $650 of lighting. Neither even tried to knock or the dog would have been barking in the window. Guess it just depends on delivery person if your going to be treated right.

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to agree, it depends on the person delivering more so than the company, but I did stop using UPS after day late and wrecked packages. Fedex I have never had a problems with. I have had better luck with USPS than UPS, but might have something to do with USPS is in contract with Fedex so flights at least are batter than they used to be several years ago.

meisen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have had good and bad experiences with all three common overnight services. I think if you ship enough things sooner or later you'll have a delay too.

I always ship with a one day delay in mind (ie not "dry" or with a flimsy bag or 12 hour heat pack in cold weather). If you pack your corals for 2 days, they should be fine when they arrive in 12 hours (hopefully).

USPS express is by far the best value for overnight IMO. They guarantee delivery by the end of the next day which means no super cold shipping (or use an extra thick styro and extra heat pack) since the box can be out on the PO truck for the whole day. Otherwise they are just as good as the other two at less than half the price. And you can have them ship to location in extreme cold where they will hold it by 8 am at the main PO for your recipient to pick up.

Fedex for me is the best service not taking into account price. Almost never had a delay with them and the corals still arrived alive even with the delay (weather related in every case).

Frankly the key to success is really on our end. Pack your corals well, only ship vigorous, acclimated and healthy animals (not fresh cut chalice frags for example!!!) and make sure your recipent is prepared to accept delivery of the box.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 130 74.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back