Upside down jellyfish - sand vs marbles?

puddlesplash26

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 22, 2017
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm not sure if this is the place I should be asking this, but I recently took a visit to my local aquarium and noticed the upside down jellies on marbles. I'll try to attach a picture..(this is my first time posting here so I'm still trying to figure out how to use it). I guess my question would be is, is this humane? My original thought was, aren't upside down jellies supposed to be on sand?
I would love to hear what everyone thinks.
Thanks!

IMG_0787.JPG
 
I suppose they can't tear themselves on marbles. Which is good, all in all. I don't think jelly fish care, so long as their water is good, they don't get torn mantles (Is it mantle?) and get fed.
 
I suppose they can't tear themselves on marbles. Which is good, all in all. I don't think jelly fish care, so long as their water is good, they don't get torn mantles (Is it mantle?) and get fed.
Yup.
I used the same in a jelly tank as well.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new