OP
reacclimating 2 the hobby

reacclimating 2 the hobby

patience is... oh look an acro pack fs!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have only ever met up with one other person from this forum in real life that is local to me - I real shame too as those have become some of my favorite frags.
I wish there was a larger coordinated group for our region. You see all the dark blue badges on users on this site, but all of them are west or south if you look on a map.
I agree. I don't mind ordering online, but sometimes you don't get what you expected. Corals I'm going to stick to R2R, already working with a couple of members for when the tank is ready. Can't blame vendors for not being here, there just isnt a large population.

colejr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning y'all,

I'm up in Dannemora, NY. Perhaps you heard of the famous prison break? They are my neighbors. The prison that is. I don't borrow any eggs or sugar from them that's for sure.

Either way, no local LFS near me. Looking for people within a couple hours to find out where they go, maybe shoot the Breeze.
I'm in the Potsdam area. Petco in Watertown is the closest thing to me, they do have a coral tank. Quality is hit and miss.

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A4A701BF-4DC3-4E8D-9B26-E36EC52674B3.jpeg

acesfull44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah unfortuantly in the welcome forum, most just pop in, post a quirky pic with a welcome, and pass on. They typically don't read the OP.
I did this in the beginning, but actually read the OG post so I don't just auto respond! This is therapy on working with communications for/with my wife! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the Potsdam area. Petco in Watertown is the closest thing to me, they do have a coral tank. Quality is hit and miss.
Forgot about petco watertown! There fish actually aren't bad in there. Someone kind of knows what they are doing. Only problem is it seems the setups change every so often. Not sure iof the "fish keeper" gets fired, new gets hired and they have a different vision, but it is what it is, and not bad for the occasional purchase.

Theres an actual LFS in watertown on coffeen St. but I forget the name. Wasn't much to see when I visited there anyways.

colejr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot about petco watertown! There fish actually aren't bad in there. Someone kind of knows what they are doing. Only problem is it seems the setups change every so often. Not sure iof the "fish keeper" gets fired, new gets hired and they have a different vision, but it is what it is, and not bad for the occasional purchase.

Theres an actual LFS in watertown on coffeen St. but I forget the name. Wasn't much to see when I visited there anyways.
I've bought several corals from Petco that just needed some tlc. Last i knew the place downtown didn't carry any saltwater

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 28.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 40 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 51 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.5%
Back