Urchin and sea star compatibility

Indytraveler83

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2019
Messages
967
Reaction score
1,415
Location
South Bend, Indiana
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen various threads mentioning this topic, and it seems like some urchins eat sea stars, and some sea stars eat urchins, but I haven't seen any definitive lists or answers. If there's an article or chart with a complete list please link!

I have a long spine urchin and pink urchin, and the better half really wants a colorful starfish. (Full reef 90 gallon)

Are there any sea stars that would be compatible, or do I need to say no?
 
Assuming this is a reef tank, as long as you get a reef safe urchin and a reef safe Star, they will be fine together. I guess it’s possible some don’t get along but honestly I’ve never heard of one eating the other.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new