Urchin vs Clam?

Texas Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 17, 2013
Messages
1,106
Reaction score
433
Location
Pearland, Tx.
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw my Halloween urchin on top of my Clam yesterday and figured the clam was just in the way from one point to another, but today his mantle is weird in the exact spot the urchin was sitting! Do urchins eat clam?!
79a40cdbb75a7d750a4b741c77c644e4.jpg
13d6993a897e45e138a88c7601891957.jpg
 
What do you mean by "weird?"

I've seen my corals retract for a while after an urchin crawls over it. It may just be "pouting " but I don't know much about clams so hopefully someone with clam experience will chime in soon.
 
My pincushion urchin ate a big chunk out of my Maxima Clam’s mantle, so never say never!
BAD URCHIN, BAD URCHIN!!
 

Attachments

  • 02792211-A4C1-451F-B9D4-B0EF99B1E38C.jpeg
    02792211-A4C1-451F-B9D4-B0EF99B1E38C.jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 99

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new