Urgent air perfumed freshener in tank

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys! Finally on Monday I will have my maxspect razor back!!! I've been keeping the tank with a 4x54 w blue plus ATI for a week. How do you suggest to set the razor to avoid any issues? I am talking about percentage and how many weeks.. I was to use the preset program for lps/sps
Thanks in advance!!!

Some questions..is the tank/corals/fish healthy now (other than no3)? How long have you been using the T5’s? Time running each day? Do you know the par level? How hi above the tank will the Maxspect be mounted?

I’ve never used the Maxspect, only T5’s/ hybrid or Radions. I recently switched to the Radion Gen 4’s. They are mounted 9 inches above the water line of 22 inch tank (sps dominate mixed reef). I started at 25% the first week, raising 5% the next 4 weeks. I kept a close eye on some of my more sensitive corals (had to move some around).

Don’t known if this helps, but maybe someone else can chime in too. Good luck!

OP
OP
H

hyla84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some questions..is the tank/corals/fish healthy now (other than no3)? How long have you been using the T5’s? Time running each day? Do you know the par level? How hi above the tank will the Maxspect be mounted?

I’ve never used the Maxspect, only T5’s/ hybrid or Radions. I recently switched to the Radion Gen 4’s. They are mounted 9 inches above the water line of 22 inch tank (sps dominate mixed reef). I started at 25% the first week, raising 5% the next 4 weeks. I kept a close eye on some of my more sensitive corals (had to move some around).

Don’t known if this helps, but maybe someone else can chime in too. Good luck!
Yes there are my fishes now all healthy and just some acan, I was thinking to leave all my corals where they are now and run the maxspect with the preset program straight away seen that basically the thank apart from fish and acan doesn't have anything... After a week if I'll see that there isn't any algae bloom I'll move first lps and see how it goes and last sps. Can it be a solution? I am planning to built a small plexiglass pierced box with a small pump and a light in sump to grow chaetomorpha to low the nutrients. What do you think about it?

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I’m looking at the picture correctly, your nitrates are high. What do you have in the tank? How much are you feeding? How often do you clean tank/sand bed?

OP
OP
H

hyla84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrates and phosphates were high because of the wrong light spectrum.
The tank is 400 liters, I have:
2 wrasse
1 hepatus
1 loriculus
1 ocellaris
1 labroides dimidatus
1 vulpinus large.
Since I put rowaphos the green algae are waaay better now. I am dosing fauna marin bacto reef balls every 15 days and brown sugar to help bacteria to lower nitrates and my skymmer is skimming really wet.
What do you think?

OP
OP
H

hyla84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I’m looking at the picture correctly, your nitrates are high. What do you have in the tank? How much are you feeding? How often do you clean tank/sand bed?
Sorry forgot to tag
I am feeding with a pinch of spirulina flakes and a pinch of pellets once a day

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could be wrong, but I’ve never heard of nitrates & phosphates being high because of light spectrum...some people say that lighting may affect algae growth.
Wet skimming, IMO, is good. Depending on the size of your fish, “a pinch” twice a day seems fine. Do they eat all of it? Think we need someone with more experience to help. I’ve never used brown sugar or fauna Marin and wouldn’t want to steer you in the wrong direction.

Anyone else have any input?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back