URGENT! Jebao pump not working properly

Qwarex

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today in the morning (yay) I was woken up to the pump (jebao dcp-5000) not working properly (pulsing and only to 8%),it makes a rattling sound and it says on the controller er05 (error 5), which means "abnormal voltage from input", could it be the adapter? I unplugged and replugged everything, doesn't work. The water level in my aquarium is now lower and some corals will dry up. Should i buy another adapter?

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure. Is the pump itself considered the input? Further, I wouldn't think the control box would cause rattling noise, adding to the assumption that the pump itself is the input line. I would buy a new pump/controller combo. They are affordable pumps. Then you'll have both the controller that you can test the old pump with and a new pump as backup.

OP
OP
Qwarex

Qwarex

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure. Is the pump itself considered the input? Further, I wouldn't think the control box would cause rattling noise, adding to the assumption that the pump itself is the input line. I would buy a new pump/controller combo. They are affordable pumps, then you'll have both the controller that you can test the old pump with and a new pump as backup.
Not the control box , I meant the pump is rattling. Well the voltage doesnt come from the pump so im 99% sure that its from the cables

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my Jebao (Coralbox) pump stall out like this with flashing lights when mixing salt after a while. When I cleaned it, it went back to normal. I would suggest cleaning and inspecting the impeller before anything.

OP
OP
Qwarex

Qwarex

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my Jebao (Coralbox) pump stall out like this with flashing lights when mixing salt after a while. When I cleaned it, it went back to normal. I would suggest cleaning and inspecting the impeller before anything.
Error 5?

OP
OP
Qwarex

Qwarex

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Invest in one, they are $12 on Amazon. Once you have one we can tell if there is something wrong with the power supply in literally 2 minutes.
Fixed it, replaced adaptor, it was pulsing for some reason, i dont know

Mvplaz12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean you replaced the adapter? Can you post a pic? Mine is doing ER05 and I can’t find the issue

OP
OP
Qwarex

Qwarex

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean you replaced the adapter? Can you post a pic? Mine is doing ER05 and I can’t find the issue
Try to unplug and plug everything, if its still not working i suggest getting a new adapter. Here is a pic of what i got, its all ok now and it works. Make sure you dont get the wrong specs for the adaptor so you dont fry anything.
IMG20230413184428.jpg

Back