URGENT! Jebao pump not working properly

Qwarex

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2022
Messages
82
Reaction score
27
Location
Romania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today in the morning (yay) I was woken up to the pump (jebao dcp-5000) not working properly (pulsing and only to 8%),it makes a rattling sound and it says on the controller er05 (error 5), which means "abnormal voltage from input", could it be the adapter? I unplugged and replugged everything, doesn't work. The water level in my aquarium is now lower and some corals will dry up. Should i buy another adapter?
 
Not sure. Is the pump itself considered the input? Further, I wouldn't think the control box would cause rattling noise, adding to the assumption that the pump itself is the input line. I would buy a new pump/controller combo. They are affordable pumps. Then you'll have both the controller that you can test the old pump with and a new pump as backup.
 
Not sure. Is the pump itself considered the input? Further, I wouldn't think the control box would cause rattling noise, adding to the assumption that the pump itself is the input line. I would buy a new pump/controller combo. They are affordable pumps, then you'll have both the controller that you can test the old pump with and a new pump as backup.
Not the control box , I meant the pump is rattling. Well the voltage doesnt come from the pump so im 99% sure that its from the cables
 
I had my Jebao (Coralbox) pump stall out like this with flashing lights when mixing salt after a while. When I cleaned it, it went back to normal. I would suggest cleaning and inspecting the impeller before anything.
 
I had my Jebao (Coralbox) pump stall out like this with flashing lights when mixing salt after a while. When I cleaned it, it went back to normal. I would suggest cleaning and inspecting the impeller before anything.
Error 5?
 
Invest in one, they are $12 on Amazon. Once you have one we can tell if there is something wrong with the power supply in literally 2 minutes.
Fixed it, replaced adaptor, it was pulsing for some reason, i dont know
 
What do you mean you replaced the adapter? Can you post a pic? Mine is doing ER05 and I can’t find the issue
 
What do you mean you replaced the adapter? Can you post a pic? Mine is doing ER05 and I can’t find the issue
Try to unplug and plug everything, if its still not working i suggest getting a new adapter. Here is a pic of what i got, its all ok now and it works. Make sure you dont get the wrong specs for the adaptor so you dont fry anything.
IMG20230413184428.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new