Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! You're a good Auntie!

BTW - another reefing friend of mine, @mch1984 , just finished the Hogwarts Castle...

Screenshot_20190702-222051_Chrome.jpg

Hello,

I really want to get it, I saw it in person today and omg it’s huge I could live there. Hey I would finally make royalty status lol. But that LEGO set is like 500 dollars from Lego.
So expensive but oh sooo neat, and detailed. They had so many Lego sets that are just fascinating.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I really want to get it, I saw it in person today and omg it’s huge I could live there. Hey I would finally make royalty status lol. But that LEGO set is like 500 dollars from Lego.
So expensive but oh sooo neat, and detailed. They had so many Lego sets that are just fascinating.
It’s a shame you can’t rent them, lol. That would be a half decent App idea come to think of it... lol

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a shame you can’t rent them, lol. That would be a half decent App idea come to think of it... lol

Hello,

Lol I’m dying right now, lol if I rented a Lego set I really wanted I’d be fined 30 times more because I’d keep forgetting to return it because I’m playing with the mini figs. I have to say they are the best toy, never devalue and kids always love to play with them. They are creative, educational, and helps one develop problem solving skills (aka the technic), and great away to spend time. I have several sets simply because of my nephews, and niece. But I’m super ocd, lol some I have built, others not yet but will. Those I have built, only once and they are separated by part (aka like a 4x2 flat and the gears and axles are all together.
Then they are marked (the zip lock baggie), which step they go in. I hate hunting for Legos so this method solves that problem.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Lol I’m dying right now, lol if I rented a Lego set I really wanted I’d be fined 30 times more because I’d keep forgetting to return it because I’m playing with the mini figs. I have to say they are the best toy, never devalue and kids always love to play with them. They are creative, educational, and helps one develop problem solving skills (aka the technic), and great away to spend time. I have several sets simply because of my nephews, and niece. But I’m super ocd, lol some I have built, others not yet but will. Those I have built, only once and they are separated by part (aka like a 4x2 flat and the gears and axles are all together.
Then they are marked (the zip lock baggie), which step they go in. I hate hunting for Legos so this method solves that problem.
Ha! Legos in marked baggies. Me too. No wonder we get along. I prefer the old school sets where one can build whatever is on their mind. That is how I grew up with Legos. Now, with some sets, after the kids and I build something, the thrill of the set is kind of over.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! Legos in marked baggies. Me too. No wonder we get along. I prefer the old school sets where one can build whatever is on their mind. That is how I grew up with Legos. Now, with some sets, after the kids and I build something, the thrill of the set is kind of over.

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! You're a good Auntie!

BTW - another reefing friend of mine, @mch1984 , just finished the Hogwarts Castle...

Screenshot_20190702-222051_Chrome.jpg
I have the rocket you see in the picture too, got it last year for Christmas.

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sarah24! is right, lego sets get expensive in a hurry. The hogwarts castle is the second largest set ever produced, and I really want the largest one. It's the millennial falcon, and it's insanely priced in my opinion. I'm guessing lego had to pay more for the licensing fees for Star wars, the castle comes to 6.3 cents per piece and the falcon is 11.5 cents per piece if I remember correctly. But they are fun, I'll run out of room to put them before too long. I also have this police station which is a smaller set but one of my favorites.

IMG_2944.jpg

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sarah24! is right, lego sets get expensive in a hurry. The hogwarts castle is the second largest set ever produced, and I really want the largest one. It's the millennial falcon, and it's insanely priced in my opinion. I'm guessing lego had to pay more for the licensing fees for Star wars, the castle comes to 6.3 cents per piece and the falcon is 11.5 cents per piece if I remember correctly. But they are fun, I'll run out of room to put them before too long. I also have this police station which is a smaller set but one of my favorites.

IMG_2944.jpg

Hello,

Yes the new ucs falcon is the largest and 800 and I was on a waiting list for it. We do have it but was an Xmas present to my nephews, who lol won’t open it (why just why) because they say it will be worth 5 times more if they don’t since it’s a collector. But seen one built at the LEGO shop and it’s like 8 pounds and 3 by 3 feet it’s huge. They also have the new technic Bugatti (they did build) both Xmas presents and 1100 dollars later. But I love them when they see them and how they build them. It’s the only toy I have seen that never devalues and always loved.

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Yes the new ucs falcon is the largest and 800 and I was on a waiting list for it. We do have it but was an Xmas present to my nephews, who lol won’t open it (why just why) because they say it will be worth 5 times more if they don’t since it’s a collector. But seen one built at the LEGO shop and it’s like 8 pounds and 3 by 3 feet it’s huge. They also have the new technic Bugatti (they did build) both Xmas presents and 1100 dollars later. But I love them when they see them and how they build them. It’s the only toy I have seen that never devalues and always loved.
That's awesome, although I would have to build it. The Bugatti is cool, I've seen that one on their site. I'm seriously considering picking up the mustang they just released. My new office at work needs a good lego set in it. Mustang would be a good option.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome, although I would have to build it. The Bugatti is cool, I've seen that one on their site. I'm seriously considering picking up the mustang they just released. My new office at work needs a good lego set in it. Mustang would be a good option.

lol just go all out and put the ucs falcon on display at your work. I’m sure it will attract people :). People see mustangs every day (that one is neat for Lego), but no one has seen one that large lol.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my feeling on this as well. I had Legos, but I could make whatever I wanted to. Let my imagination run wild. That and Lincoln Logs. Man, what you could build with those! I might get a barrel or two of those when I retire to my second childhood. That and an HO scale slot car track. :)

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my feeling on this as well. I had Legos, but I could make whatever I wanted to. Let my imagination run wild. That and Lincoln Logs. Man, what you could build with those! I might get a barrel or two of those when I retire to my second childhood. That and an HO scale slot car track. :)

Hello,

Lol I still have a whole bunch of Lincoln logs and my dad has one of the old style slot cars, which he hand painted every one of them. Even when I was little we would work on them together. He still has all the track controllers etc and it’s in amazing shape. It’s amazing how fast those things can go. But a fond memory my dad and I had junk ones that we made silly fast. We would set up a long straight section of track and race them, and put a big pillow at the end of the track. We would just go as fast as possible knowing theee was a pillow at the end. But I do remember at age 8 lol my dad made this one that was some type of Ferrari. It was super fast and I begged him to let me try it. So he lets me try and it was crazy fast on this huge track we had set up in the living room. (We had a formal one and a non formal aka track one lol hat had couch and tv etc as the main had nicer couch and chairs, usually our grand piano, but where people went when they came over), anyway as I try this car not knowing how sensitive the car was I pulled the little trigger thingy and put the car right through my parents picture window and into a snow bank outside. Of course all my dad heard was the loud noise and came in and ask me what that was. Of course I said I don’t know, lol then he asked me where is the new car so we can let it dry. I whispered that it was out side in one of our snow banks. I will never forget that look lol and we didn’t find it till the snow melted lol. The poor car was toast, but we made another one and I was banned from driving for about the time the snow melted.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Lol I still have a whole bunch of Lincoln logs and my dad has one of the old style slot cars, which he hand painted every one of them. Even when I was little we would work on them together. He still has all the track controllers etc and it’s in amazing shape. It’s amazing how fast those things can go. But a fond memory my dad and I had junk ones that we made silly fast. We would set up a long straight section of track and race them, and put a big pillow at the end of the track. We would just go as fast as possible knowing theee was a pillow at the end. But I do remember at age 8 lol my dad made this one that was some type of Ferrari. It was super fast and I begged him to let me try it. So he lets me try and it was crazy fast on this huge track we had set up in the living room. (We had a formal one and a non formal aka track one lol hat had couch and tv etc as the main had nicer couch and chairs, usually our grand piano, but where people went when they came over), anyway as I try this car not knowing how sensitive the car was I pulled the little trigger thingy and put the car right through my parents picture window and into a snow bank outside. Of course all my dad heard was the loud noise and came in and ask me what that was. Of course I said I don’t know, lol then he asked me where is the new car so we can let it dry. I whispered that it was out side in one of our snow banks. I will never forget that look lol and we didn’t find it till the snow melted lol. The poor car was toast, but we made another one and I was banned from driving for about the time the snow melted.
I had the 1/24th scale slot cars that we took to a big track when we lived in Kansas (1968). Those were very fast cars and capable of the damage you were talking about. I don't know what ever happened to all of those photos, maybe they are in some of my dad's old albums. I used to build those cars from scratch. I enjoyed the HO scale too though. I built a really detailed track layout on a 4x8 sheet of plywood that slid underneath my bed. I really wish I had pictures of it. It looked more like a model train layout. It had grass, trees, bushes, hay bales and signs all over. I even made a little Dunlop bridge at the end of the long straightaway. I had more fun building that than racing the cars - kinda like I am with reef tanks. So, there is a pattern. Ha! When I retire, we should have a play date and revisit our childhoods. :)

This is my HO McLaren CanAm car that I painted when I was about 14, so 50 years ago! I still have it sitting on my desk. It has hit the wall a few times. :)
IMG_2800.JPG

IMG_2801.JPG

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the 1/24th scale slot cars that we took to a big track when we lived in Kansas (1968). Those were very fast cars and capable of the damage you were talking about. I don't know what ever happened to all of those photos, maybe they are in some of my dad's old albums. I used to build those cars from scratch. I enjoyed the HO scale too though. I built a really detailed track layout on a 4x8 sheet of plywood that slid underneath my bed. I really wish I had pictures of it. It looked more like a model train layout. It had grass, trees, bushes, hay bales and signs all over. I even made a little Dunlop bridge at the end of the long straightaway. I had more fun building that than racing the cars - kinda like I am with reef tanks. So, there is a pattern. Ha! When I retire, we should have a play date and revisit our childhoods. :)

This is my HO McLaren CanAm car that I painted when I was about 14, so 50 years ago! I still have it sitting on my desk. It has hit the wall a few times. :)
IMG_2800.JPG

IMG_2801.JPG

Hello,

Wow does that bring back memories lol, I will have to find pictures of my dads afx track and cars. Now I have this eagerness to ask my dad to set up the car racing set, lol not sure if I’m still banned but worth a shot. It’s funny how you say you like the build process. I’m kinda similar to you but my oldest brother is very much like you. He builds rc cars, and paints them and they all work. But he has never driven them and they sit on his closest shelf. He does the same with legos builds them once or twice then puts them back in order in the box. Lol I’m currently building a reef :).

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Since I just posted (I had to take time to do the prior one it was much needed). But also wanted to wish all my dear friends and every one on R2R a happy fourth and please be careful. As usual I am stuck working the fourth usually and hate to see anyone hurt.

I also need to update my 240 and install the sixth wave maker still. Been crazy busy trying to do everything but it seems that I don’t have enough hours in my day lol.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Since I just posted (I had to take time to do the prior one it was much needed). But also wanted to wish all my dear friends and every one on R2R a happy fourth and please be careful. As usual I am stuck working the fourth usually and hate to see anyone hurt.

I also need to update my 240 and install the sixth wave maker still. Been crazy busy trying to do everything but it seems that I don’t have enough hours in my day lol.
Thanks for being ready to help those who have a less than great 4th.....may your shift be quite and may you have lots of time to watch R2R instead of mending broken people!

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Okay so we are watching the peter jacksons hobbit and lord of the rings movies (before I work). Anyway we are having a debate lol who would win like in the battle of five armies if darth Vader was involved with his light Saber and full power of the force and strenght I don’t know how to answer this lol. Half are set on darth Vader other say he is no match for a wizard.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I like that idea. You app it out we send and service the sets when they come back in. Missing pieces get charged to the deposit as a hold back! Once you build them they just sit in the box forever anyway if you can’t keep them set up.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like that idea. You app it out we send and service the sets when they come back in. Missing pieces get charged to the deposit as a hold back! Once you build them they just sit in the box forever anyway if you can’t keep them set up.
Exactly my thinking! :) haha

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 29.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back