tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, or this one
08320006-5CE9-47F0-BCE8-F2C41A3E8CE6.jpeg

Agree!!! How is it my arm?? So sorry I’m trying to remove it now.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm that makes sense. I have no other way to correlate the PO4 increase other than me feeding dry food prior to testing. If I feed mysis I don’t have any phosphate increase, if I feed any sort of dry food it’s always a measurable PO4 increase.

I keep rereading these two posts and I think you are saying the same things. I think in the original post was meant to say “dry food...”

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree!!! How is it my arm?? So sorry I’m trying to remove it now.

Hello,

@tdlawdo lol his pic shows up for a few reasons lol, one to
Show the great community strength that we have in this thread of 1,000,000 topics and he keeps all the mean people away from all the lovely people. I’m sorry I think it’s hilarious lol.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I feed mysis I don’t have any phosphate increase, if I feed any sort of dry food it’s always a measurable PO4 increase.
I supose you meant the other way around :) Frozen food often have a PO4 compound add as a preservative

Sincerely Lasse

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I supose you meant the other way around :) Frozen food often have a PO4 compound add as a preservative

Sincerely Lasse
Ah yes that is true. What is used as the emulsifier in dry foods like pellets? What’s in reef roids that causes my PO4 to rise 100 ppb with a 1/4 teaspoon in a 90gal?

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No idea what this thread is about. But on the R2R app, whenever this thread is bumped it posts this pic

3f6b39c4667544e1678f725cf552fe82.jpg

6cfac418c5b871c62757504438605649.jpg

Anyone else kind of done with checking out this dude’s hairy sweaty armpit
He's a good guy. I'm just a little glad he isn't a plumber...:eek:

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

@tdlawdo lol his pic shows up for a few reasons lol, one to
Show the great community strength that we have in this thread of 1,000,000 topics and he keeps all the mean people away from all the lovely people. I’m sorry I think it’s hilarious lol.

[emoji4][emoji4][emoji3059][emoji1320][emoji1320]

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Wow super crazy busy (story of my life), but to give some updates one I’m still here yay:). Secondly since the phosguard has been in place and I stopped the dry food my lps have improved. Thinking back I actually started having these issues shortly after my scary stress ick break out. It could it really have been the dry food boosting the phosphates where lps was upset well some of them? But since I stopped using them, they have done better and nitrates have not moved much.

I’m so ready for this silly dumb hot weather to end. It was 99 today and 59 at work. I freeze to death while at work and as soon as I go outside I melt. Idaho weather has been super crazy. It was soooo nice like 60-75 for May and June. Then first week of July 95-99 ouch. So many cases of heat stroke now it’s insane.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking recently, I think my favorite seasons in order are Autumn, Winter, Spring, Summer. Basically the year gets worse for me as it goes on and then BAM! autumn again.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The summer down here is getting worse and worse as I get older. It has gotten to where I can't do much outside during the summer. A couple of years ago I bought a really big Trane central air conditioner and my small house is always around 72° inside, no matter how hot it is outside and my bill in the summer is about $140 a month (less than half of what it used to be). It makes summer more bearable. I love spring and fall. Winters here are not so bad and really only lasts about 6 weeks and almost never snows. I have been in my house for 33 years and it has snowed four times. None of it stayed on the ground a full day. :)

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

As any one just had one of those days where one should have stayed in bed lol. Today was mine.

I had previously worked a 24 hour shift and nothing pleases me more then going home and catching up on sleep. Here in Boise the temperature outside is a blistering 98-100 recently which is a huge shock when the prior month, and half was maybe high 80s. Not to mention work, which I really enjoy keeps the inside around 50 degrees. So when I come to work it’s warm enough to fry an egg, and when I’m at work I need 90 coats. But work came and went and I made it home last night about 930 and was going to eat and sleep. Despite the fact usually when it’s so hot I don’t eat much but went to turn the oven on and that failed. I now have an oven that is colder inside (while set at 500 degrees), then my refrigerator. Is this normal? So, then instead of having that sticky sweat sensation where your skin sticks to everything, it was shower time. Which for the most part went fine till the shower curtain and rod fell down during the middle of it. Glad I live alone lol. After about slipping and falling 20 times, I made it out safely and into bed. Not to mention I had worked 24 hours so was super tired, but had in service the next day from 9 am to 7 pm just lovely.

Now that I’m peaceful off to sleep and enjoying wonderful happy dreams, I’m suddenly disturbed in my sleep. Was it my annoying clucking chicken alarm clock nope. It was the neighbors children throwing a basketball against their house and testing their full capacity of their vocal cords. Was this just prior to my annoying clucking chicken alarm clock nope it was at 630 this morning. What happened to Saturday morning cartoons and breakfast lol. So as I stumble out of bed and prepare to exit zombie stage, tradegy strikes yet again. As I go to through the phase of zombie to young lady I attempt to get rid of zombie dragon breath and throw some tissue away. I ended up throwing my tooth brush (which I’m super ocd about brushing) into my toilet which is clean twice a week. Even then still not going to use it again and didn’t have a back up. Yes I’m very ocd about brushing my teeth. As I get ready for my in service class at the local university it’s my prime time to hey buy a new tooth brush at the gas station right. Wrong they were sold out.

I then stumble into in service and was thinking hey I may not freeze today. Instead I was slowly roasted alive because the ac in the classroom wasn’t working. I felt like a birthday cake full of frosting melting in the middle of the street on hot steamy asphalt on a 100 degree day. Then as I try and prepare for lunch, to my demise I left my wallet home. But I have my spare debit card In the car yay. Go to get some cold water and something cold to eat, and realize lol my debt card has been expired for close to a year.

So today has definitely been a day that I should have just stayed in bed with ear plugs lol. But the amazing news is I’m home and thankfully my ac works great. I was suppose to go watch this professional bicycle race with family but I was too heat exhausted. The other up side is I have a new tooth brush and was able to brush my teeth. :)

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You tell a great story. ;Hilarious

Hello,

Today has been much better and I was able to brush my teeth with out it being soaked in the toilet :) huge bonus. But I was at least able to remedy a few things and today has been good and relaxed lol. Have to do some maintence on my tank today, and probably clean the gyre again since it’s making that noise again. It definitely lets you know when it’s dirty despite looks lol. Plus it’s only suppose to be 94 today so that a huge positive, since it’s only 80 now :). I can go outside and not melt.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Today has been much better and I was able to brush my teeth with out it being soaked in the toilet :) huge bonus. But I was at least able to remedy a few things and today has been good and relaxed lol. Have to do some maintence on my tank today, and probably clean the gyre again since it’s making that noise again. It definitely lets you know when it’s dirty despite looks lol. Plus it’s only suppose to be 94 today so that a huge positive, since it’s only 80 now :). I can go outside and not melt.

90 degrees here right now. I'll be heading out for a run shortly. Some might say I'm not quite right and they might be right! ;)

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
90 degrees here right now. I'll be heading out for a run shortly. Some might say I'm not quite right and they might be right! ;)

Hello,

Naw exercise is good, and I can’t say people shouldn’t. With that said lol it was gonna start running again it would be in the morning or evening. When I cycled, it was always late evening or early on the weekends. But even then being done by noon it was 90 plus. I can only handle so many days where it’s 95 plus lol. Yes I’m a wimp, but i have definitely noticed I’m no where near as energetic when I was much younger.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I’m a wimp, but i have definitely noticed I’m no where near as energetic when I was much younger.

Huh? What? When you were much younger??? Much younger, at your age, would make you like 12!

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huh? What? When you were much younger??? Much younger, at your age, would make you like 12!
When I was much younger I was still older than Sarah. LOL!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back