OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From your description I was thinking illinois. I don't suggest coming here for a dr Job.
Hello,

Yeah definitely not there either. Idaho is really scary state for females now. Definitely will be looking at neutral political states or blue states. I work in the er so I generally don’t have to deal with any of this except when it becomes life threatening. I’m almost to the point is it even worth being in my field any more. It’s sure going to just be pain in the backside moving my tank again if I do move. Probably the only down fall of a reef.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Yeah definitely not there either. Idaho is really scary state for females now. Definitely will be looking at neutral political states or blue states. I work in the er so I generally don’t have to deal with any of this except when it becomes life threatening. I’m almost to the point is it even worth being in my field any more. It’s sure going to just be pain in the backside moving my tank again if I do move. Probably the only down fall of a reef.
Lots of docs are thinking that.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Politics aside there is lots to love in Idaho! I live in Washington on the border so I'm exposed to both states. The world needs your skills no matter the politics. Glad to see your still plugging along. You should be about done with your residency right? Anyway just glad you dropped in!

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Politics aside there is lots to love in Idaho! I live in Washington on the border so I'm exposed to both states. The world needs your skills no matter the politics. Glad to see your still plugging along. You should be about done with your residency right? Anyway just glad you dropped in!
Hi hi,

Hey there how have you been doing? Yes definitely not trying to do politics at all actually, just how do you say it well I guess politics. Even though maybe I should say laws or regulations more over. I will be done with it this August actually. So that’s exciting that I’m no longer aka the grunt lol. But I may miss that aspect also.

What’s new with you and how have you been. Washington is definitely a place I have thought about moving to. Always loved Seattle and want to go back. Definitely thought of Olympia, Bellingham, North of Seattle as well. Would love to go to Vancouver Bc. But they don’t let us pesky Americans in lol. Probably a good thing.

Last edited:

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol guess I should update my handle since I’m not 24 any more. Oh well. At least I’m not 30 quite yet but getting super close :/

Oh fyi I sorta forgot how to check mail. Seems rather simple enough. But I only see spam messages so far. Any recommendations on how to umm delete them? As soon as I can get to normal messages I’ll write back.
You are seeing spam in your R2R PMs? I never ran into that. Strange.

Doogs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

First, please forgive me if I posted this in the wrong section, but I have never had this happen before and I am panicking.

So I have a 240 gallon tank with a 75 gallon sump tank. To be nice I let my brother and his children stay in my home for this week. (Long story) I just came home and found out that my nephews have been urinating in my sump tank. I don’t know how long they have been doing it, how often. I came home and caught my 5 year old nephew red handed.

I immediately shut down my return pumps, and shut the union valves underneath off and shut all flow from the tank to the sump off completely. I have no idea how much has already been sent into my main display tank, and how long. I’m doing a water test now to see where my parameters are now. I also have enough salt water stores to do 80 gallon water change.

The only thing I have added was I turned on my magnum 350 canister filter which there are two of them. One is a purification filter (it’s white) and the second is a straight carbon only. Any thing else I should be doing, I’m worried about my fish and corals.

Thanks
This is why I really hate sexually transmitted tax deductions.

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s all stuff from R2R but forgot how to delete messages :/
I don’t know if you can delete them, but you can leave the conversation. In your mailbox there will be boxes on the right side. Check the ones you want out of the list. Then you will see on the bottom of the screen how many messages are marked and a drop down menu that will will ask you to hat to do with the messages you have marked. I just select “Leave Conversation” and click on “Go.” That should remove the messages from your view.

If anyone knows an easier way, please chime in.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi hi,

So as requested here are some updates pics of the tank. The new lights have only been on for three days now. All the growth is from my current USA 4004 lights.

Attachments

• 56ABF8EC-9E15-4953-94B3-6E0EE3A6B187.jpeg
    56ABF8EC-9E15-4953-94B3-6E0EE3A6B187.jpeg
    270.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 21755C45-52EE-4EBE-8761-097D49293D33.jpeg
    21755C45-52EE-4EBE-8761-097D49293D33.jpeg
    267.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 3F159FF3-0C69-4C07-8D40-70FD61172C0D.jpeg
    3F159FF3-0C69-4C07-8D40-70FD61172C0D.jpeg
    315.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 85F6951C-9D1D-41CA-B840-E5FB83035FB3.jpeg
    85F6951C-9D1D-41CA-B840-E5FB83035FB3.jpeg
    278.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 3C16C41E-E896-4C45-9101-9F45E43E524A.jpeg
    3C16C41E-E896-4C45-9101-9F45E43E524A.jpeg
    213.2 KB · Views: 53

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi hi,

So as requested here are some updates pics of the tank. The new lights have only been on for three days now. All the growth is from my current USA 4004 lights.
Still looking good. You still have the 400 in storage?

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still looking good. You still have the 400 in storage?
Hello,

I do but have not even looked at in plus years. I still have the mitas lights also but saw they were not really used any more. One of the other reasons why I have these new lights instead.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the current aquarium! Looks great.

My son lives in downtown Seattle right across from Climate Pledge Arena. Not my cup of tea! He loves it for the quick access to intentional traveling!

Love the area around Bellingham and Vancouver to a lesser degree.

We are doing great and working hard. It has been really busy in my shop since January. Have a new employee who is just great at machine operations with our two CNC machines. He is working on three degrees in a local technical college and is helping to up our game! I have built a couple of aquariums recently for practice and muffed one for a customer. So I am stuck for the short term with a 412 gallon tank hahaha! Maybe I will make into a FOWLR with angels and butterfly fish hahaha!

Glad to hear you are almost done. Is it still Emergency Medicine?

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the current aquarium! Looks great.

My son lives in downtown Seattle right across from Climate Pledge Arena. Not my cup of tea! He loves it for the quick access to intentional traveling!

Love the area around Bellingham and Vancouver to a lesser degree.

We are doing great and working hard. It has been really busy in my shop since January. Have a new employee who is just great at machine operations with our two CNC machines. He is working on three degrees in a local technical college and is helping to up our game! I have built a couple of aquariums recently for practice and muffed one for a customer. So I am stuck for the short term with a 412 gallon tank hahaha! Maybe I will make into a FOWLR with angels and butterfly fish hahaha!

Glad to hear you are almost done. Is it still Emergency Medicine?
Hello,

Yes I’m still er medicine and may be moving to internal medicine which will be another 2 years. Yeah I don’t miss some aspects of Seattle that’s for sure. But I do miss some of it. Lol only a 400 gallon plus. That’s basically twice the size of mine or more lol.

Tumey

Reefer With A Broken Brain ( TBI Survivor )
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi hi,

Tank looks good Sarah!
How about the pottery? Are you still spending time on your wheel?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 70 34.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 52 25.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back