Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL and great flick
Lol yes and I watched the secret of my success also as I cleaned the tank glass. Should probably eat here soon lol. But I’m glad I’m not being hit with a pipe wrench and I seriously doubt that poor fellow would
Be getting up after, but maybe he is thick headed.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bump.gif
This thread needs an update! Happy New Year, Sarah! Let us know how you are getting along!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Where did Sarah go? How is the tank doing?
She's a busy girl and in between school and work. I was in same boat as her and might as well have worn a wardrobe that said " No Life ".

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought about you Sarah as I drove through Boise twice over the weekend on our way to the "ranch" in Eastern Nevada. Dropped my son off at the airport for his flight back to Seattle. Wishing you all the best in your life. Man has Boise grown....just wow!

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello friends,

Good lord has it been an age or two yes. I have been absolutely swamped and kinda just stopped socializing. That’s not always a good thing. But recently I upgrade my lights from my current USA to some new leds. I have not had them very long and (there is nothing wrong with my old lights just thought 8 years it’s time to upgrade). Now I was going to go for the new 90w current USA r24 and they are awesome. But I decided to go a different route. Mainly because sadly the customer service is no longer in house and it’s some weird third party company. Anyway, since this was the case and pretty much all other companies have so so customer service let’s throw a wrench into everything.
Thankfully if my new lights don’t work out then I still have my tried and true current USA ones. (No I don’t have the loop ones or the other ones. It’s the 4004 pros which are night and day. (Ironically the new r24 54 watt are less power than mine version lights but the 90 watt are actually stronger per the reports and by a lot. But will they work, yeah probably be great and i was sent some to try out. I have not thought well not yet. Anyway as some may remember (yes I still hate radions). But I decided to go with the Neptune sky leds. From first looks the lights are godly bright (it hurts). Which they are only at 18% but much brighter than my currents at 18%. I had to turn mine up to about 28% to match the brightness. As far as par goes they are kinda the same. However the neptunes seem to have much better spread or maybe it’s because they are brighter. I will say the corals seem happier, (happy before but really extended polyps now). So time will tell if these new lights are worth the money. But as of now I do like them, and they are also still in acclimated mode. However it does suck trying to hang thee dumb things. I do miss how my other lights just sat on top of the tank. The other not so cool thing is I can sit from the living room to where my tank is and old lights you never saw the leds. New lights you better have sun glasses on, because it’s a direct shot to your eye balls from the leds because they are 9 off the top of the tank. So yeah we will be fixing that here very soon, or I won’t be able to see much more. They also light up my whole kitchen and half my living room. The light doesn’t spill over lol it comes out the glass much better than my old lights. But stay posted who knows what may happen.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello friends,

Good lord has it been an age or two yes. I have been absolutely swamped and kinda just stopped socializing. That’s not always a good thing. But recently I upgrade my lights from my current USA to some new leds. I have not had them very long and (there is nothing wrong with my old lights just thought 8 years it’s time to upgrade). Now I was going to go for the new 90w current USA r24 and they are awesome. But I decided to go a different route. Mainly because sadly the customer service is no longer in house and it’s some weird third party company. Anyway, since this was the case and pretty much all other companies have so so customer service let’s throw a wrench into everything.
Thankfully if my new lights don’t work out then I still have my tried and true current USA ones. (No I don’t have the loop ones or the other ones. It’s the 4004 pros which are night and day. (Ironically the new r24 54 watt are less power than mine version lights but the 90 watt are actually stronger per the reports and by a lot. But will they work, yeah probably be great and i was sent some to try out. I have not thought well not yet. Anyway as some may remember (yes I still hate radions). But I decided to go with the Neptune sky leds. From first looks the lights are godly bright (it hurts). Which they are only at 18% but much brighter than my currents at 18%. I had to turn mine up to about 28% to match the brightness. As far as par goes they are kinda the same. However the neptunes seem to have much better spread or maybe it’s because they are brighter. I will say the corals seem happier, (happy before but really extended polyps now). So time will tell if these new lights are worth the money. But as of now I do like them, and they are also still in acclimated mode. However it does suck trying to hang thee dumb things. I do miss how my other lights just sat on top of the tank. The other not so cool thing is I can sit from the living room to where my tank is and old lights you never saw the leds. New lights you better have sun glasses on, because it’s a direct shot to your eye balls from the leds because they are 9 off the top of the tank. So yeah we will be fixing that here very soon, or I won’t be able to see much more. They also light up my whole kitchen and half my living room. The light doesn’t spill over lol it comes out the glass much better than my old lights. But stay posted who knows what may happen.
hey stranger - Great to hear from you and hope all is well. No Tank pics?

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to see you back Doc! Has your tank completely recovered from your move and more importantly, how have you been?

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to see you back Doc! Has your tank completely recovered from your move and more importantly, how have you been?
Hi hi,

Thanks and the tank has recovered quite a bit. Still nothing what it was but it’s getting there. Hopefully the new lights will spark some more growth.
I’ve been doing okay just been super busy, and not very social. Not like lol stuck up style non social, just was trying to figure myself out really. Not to mention I want to move, being a doctor here with all the stupid politics is getting annoying. We are so short handed now that none of us get a break. Nobody want to work or practice knowing we can go to jail for saving someone’s life. So been thinking of moving to a different state. No idea how that will work lol.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey stranger - Great to hear from you and hope all is well. No Tank pics?
Hi hi,

Lol yes I will get some new pics up. Just been trying to stay caught up which seems to be impossible. Thought about moving and it’s just a pain thinking about how I’d even move my tank. I was thinking Oregon or Washington. Maybe some where north east coast like Rhode Island, somewhere where docs just don’t go to jail for saving a life. Lots to sort out. But in the moment making do with what’s here. But definitely looking fwd to see growth changes. Will take a pic each month on the same day to show growth changes and rate of change.

How have you been doing? It’s been good grief ages and ages lol.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Sarah! Good to hear from you! Glad you and your tank are still chugging along!
Hey there.

Yeah I’m still floating around some where here in the clouds. Just bouncing around lol. Will be neat to see what the new lights hold compared to my old ones. I won’t life those old ones are built like a 80s toy, they never break lol, or so I’m told.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi hi,

Lol yes I will get some new pics up. Just been trying to stay caught up which seems to be impossible. Thought about moving and it’s just a pain thinking about how I’d even move my tank. I was thinking Oregon or Washington. Maybe some where north east coast like Rhode Island, somewhere where docs just don’t go to jail for saving a life. Lots to sort out. But in the moment making do with what’s here. But definitely looking fwd to see growth changes. Will take a pic each month on the same day to show growth changes and rate of change.

How have you been doing? It’s been good grief ages and ages lol.
I know !!! I just sent you PM

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol guess I should update my handle since I’m not 24 any more. Oh well. At least I’m not 30 quite yet but getting super close :/

Oh fyi I sorta forgot how to check mail. Seems rather simple enough. But I only see spam messages so far. Any recommendations on how to umm delete them? As soon as I can get to normal messages I’ll write back.

Last edited:

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Okay,

So I tested my water and let’s see
Ammonia is normally 0 it’s at 0.25 now
Nitrate is at 0 but probably between 0 and 5.0
Nitrits is at 0
Ph is 8.2
Phosphate is 0
I did a 60 gallon water change, in the main display. I also drained the entire sump, ( just knowing my nephew used it as a toilet grosses me out). Still running the two canisters and added the proper dose of prime. My critters are mad at me now because of the water change, but they should bounce back.
They started a mini cycle. Gremlins. Lol. Sry. But sounds like it will correct itself with what ur doing. Good thing they didn’t try to sit on the sump. Just sayin.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi hi,

Thanks and the tank has recovered quite a bit. Still nothing what it was but it’s getting there. Hopefully the new lights will spark some more growth.
I’ve been doing okay just been super busy, and not very social. Not like lol stuck up style non social, just was trying to figure myself out really. Not to mention I want to move, being a doctor here with all the stupid politics is getting annoying. We are so short handed now that none of us get a break. Nobody want to work or practice knowing we can go to jail for saving someone’s life. So been thinking of moving to a different state. No idea how that will work lol.
What state you in?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back