Urgh seriously.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi hi,

So as requested here are some updates pics of the tank. The new lights have only been on for three days now. All the growth is from my current USA 4004 lights.
Looks great!

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi hi,

Okay so update, tank is looking pretty good. The corals are responding very well. I did have some set backs but not lights. The power in my house went off during a storm. Was only an hour or so.

Anyway 4-6 current USA wave makers failed to work again. Very strange. Contacted current USA to find saltwater aquarium.com now handle’s warranty. These wavemakers are four months old, and were sent from current USA before the take over.

One would think they would have the same awesome customer service. nope! Their service from the saltwater aquarium.com is absolutely terrible. They will do anything to sell you something but won’t replace anything. What’s the point of having a year warranty when they fail after four months (twice)? Then it was almost as much to have them fixed as to buying new ones, that would fail in four months.

So I went with some sicce wave makers and at least their warranty is past a year. Well my tank has new lights and new wave makers. Hope nothing else changes lol.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi hi,

Okay so update, tank is looking pretty good. The corals are responding very well. I did have some set backs but not lights. The power in my house went off during a storm. Was only an hour or so.

Anyway 4-6 current USA wave makers failed to work again. Very strange. Contacted current USA to find saltwater aquarium.com now handle’s warranty. These wavemakers are four months old, and were sent from current USA before the take over.

One would think they would have the same awesome customer service. nope! Their service from the saltwater aquarium.com is absolutely terrible. They will do anything to sell you something but won’t replace anything. What’s the point of having a year warranty when they fail after four months (twice)? Then it was almost as much to have them fixed as to buying new ones, that would fail in four months.

So I went with some sicce wave makers and at least their warranty is past a year. Well my tank has new lights and new wave makers. Hope nothing else changes lol.
Its unfortunate but you are correct. SaltwaterAquarium took acquisition of current and they are well stocked but also pricey and all about sales and revenue. I had similar with Ecotech and a 2 month old MP40 and claimed it was negligence and offered me a replacement at half price which turned out to be $30 less than I paid for a new one and needless to say, lost a customer. . FOR LIFE !!
Sicce is very stylish, quiet and well backed by the company itself
Glad to hear tank is in the right direction- You deserve at least this much !!

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its unfortunate but you are correct. SaltwaterAquarium took acquisition of current and they are well stocked but also pricey and all about sales and revenue. I had similar with Ecotech and a 2 month old MP40 and claimed it was negligence and offered me a replacement at half price which turned out to be $30 less than I paid for a new one and needless to say, lost a customer. . FOR LIFE !!
Sicce is very stylish, quiet and well backed by the company itself
Glad to hear tank is in the right direction- You deserve at least this much !!
It’s just sad because I have always supported them and have had great success specially with my other lights. But their staff was what made them such a good product to buy. Not any more. I was offered a discount price on their new 90 watt leds. However when I went to do it they saltwater aquarium refused to honor the discount I was offered right before they took over.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
It’s just sad because I have always supported them and have had great success specially with my other lights. But their staff was what made them such a good product to buy. Not any more. I was offered a discount price on their new 90 watt leds. However when I went to do it they saltwater aquarium refused to honor the discount I was offered right before they took over.
Sad it is especially in such a small industry with dedicated customer base and even customer loyalty from many

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But they don’t let us pesky Americans in lol. Probably a good thing.

Sure we do, we are just rather selective... :grinning-squinting-face: Trust me, you don't want to move to Vancover, MAYBE further inland.

Great to see you back and to see the tanks in good shape!

Gobi1canobi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

First, please forgive me if I posted this in the wrong section, but I have never had this happen before and I am panicking.

So I have a 240 gallon tank with a 75 gallon sump tank. To be nice I let my brother and his children stay in my home for this week. (Long story) I just came home and found out that my nephews have been urinating in my sump tank. I don’t know how long they have been doing it, how often. I came home and caught my 5 year old nephew red handed.

I immediately shut down my return pumps, and shut the union valves underneath off and shut all flow from the tank to the sump off completely. I have no idea how much has already been sent into my main display tank, and how long. I’m doing a water test now to see where my parameters are now. I also have enough salt water stores to do 80 gallon water change.

The only thing I have added was I turned on my magnum 350 canister filter which there are two of them. One is a purification filter (it’s white) and the second is a straight carbon only. Any thing else I should be doing, I’m worried about my fish and corals.

Thanks
Urin is high in amoniaum. Very acidic I'm interested in what the tests read
Just to see

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Urin is high in amoniaum. Very acidic I'm interested in what the tests read
Just to see
It turned out fine lol it was ages and ages ago. Makes me happy my thread is still alive even though I’m not on as much. I try it’s just been hard.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O @Sarah24! , where art thou?

Sincerely Lasse
Omg how are you I’ve missed ya. I have been working absolutely ridiculous hours. The tank is doing great and the new lights are very nice. The growth is pretty crazy and j will post some new pics here soon. How was your Xmas? I so hope it was amazing.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sarah, may your new year be better and brighter! Don't let the work fatigue you! You are doing great things helping others! Happy New Years!

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow fish people :)

Okay so this week has definitely thrown me for a loop. The temps hit a major low and the one day I seem to have failures all over my tank. First off both primary heaters failed which drove me crazy. What’s not to like right specially when I find out after everything closed except wal mart hmmm. Anyway went and bought the new innovative marine helio 1000w heater and get it home and it doesn’t even work out of the box keeps giving me the e3 code saying my tank water is too warm. I have the high point on the controller set to 82 but tank water is 79. Even when I set the high point to 99 degrees it still gives me an extra e3 code hmmmm. Any ideas and of course the lfs is closed till Tuesday. So I may be using my 6 Walmart heaters till then. Who knew Walmart to the rescue . Eek.

Secondly on the same day one of my Neptune sky lights went bat crazy. Not just crazy bat crazy. Spoke w Neptune and will admit they were super nice and helpful except they have never seen this issue before and it only happened after my app did the auto software update . So been working a them on this. In short the light has a kind of its own and won’t stay connected at all. I can get it to behave when I remove it then add it back but it only stays normal for about an hour or so. Not to mention the same program definitely doesn’t look the same but good news is they said they will make it right no matter what so that’s good. Now if I can figure out the heater issue. My good ol ehiem 500 watt went down and I had a back up titanium one also that both failed. Just really weird yet nothing else went dumb on me.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hello fellow fish people :)

Okay so this week has definitely thrown me for a loop. The temps hit a major low and the one day I seem to have failures all over my tank. First off both primary heaters failed which drove me crazy. What’s not to like right specially when I find out after everything closed except wal mart hmmm. Anyway went and bought the new innovative marine helio 1000w heater and get it home and it doesn’t even work out of the box keeps giving me the e3 code saying my tank water is too warm. I have the high point on the controller set to 82 but tank water is 79. Even when I set the high point to 99 degrees it still gives me an extra e3 code hmmmm. Any ideas and of course the lfs is closed till Tuesday. So I may be using my 6 Walmart heaters till then. Who knew Walmart to the rescue . Eek.

Secondly on the same day one of my Neptune sky lights went bat crazy. Not just crazy bat crazy. Spoke w Neptune and will admit they were super nice and helpful except they have never seen this issue before and it only happened after my app did the auto software update . So been working a them on this. In short the light has a kind of its own and won’t stay connected at all. I can get it to behave when I remove it then add it back but it only stays normal for about an hour or so. Not to mention the same program definitely doesn’t look the same but good news is they said they will make it right no matter what so that’s good. Now if I can figure out the heater issue. My good ol ehiem 500 watt went down and I had a back up titanium one also that both failed. Just really weird yet nothing else went dumb on me.
Oh no - sorry to hear but great to hear youre doing well

J_C_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

First, please forgive me if I posted this in the wrong section, but I have never had this happen before and I am panicking.

So I have a 240 gallon tank with a 75 gallon sump tank. To be nice I let my brother and his children stay in my home for this week. (Long story) I just came home and found out that my nephews have been urinating in my sump tank. I don’t know how long they have been doing it, how often. I came home and caught my 5 year old nephew red handed.

I immediately shut down my return pumps, and shut the union valves underneath off and shut all flow from the tank to the sump off completely. I have no idea how much has already been sent into my main display tank, and how long. I’m doing a water test now to see where my parameters are now. I also have enough salt water stores to do 80 gallon water change.

The only thing I have added was I turned on my magnum 350 canister filter which there are two of them. One is a purification filter (it’s white) and the second is a straight carbon only. Any thing else I should be doing, I’m worried about my fish and corals.

Thanks
CARBON!!! lots of carbon and Seachem Purigen Blue or Elite

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 58 33.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back