Urgh seriously.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
on a medical standpoint, urine although gross is mainly water and saline plus obviously foreign matter from liver.
You did a decent water change. Carbon yes is your friend and I would change 15% every 3 days over the next week or so. You should be fine.
NOW AS FAR AS WHAT HAPPENED- SERIOUSLY???

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

@Fin I thought you were more of like a dog wonder or pinky and the brain. Even space ghost comes to mind for you and oh the jetsons lol. Sorry friends I’m a cartoon girl. Love my cartoons more than anything. Sure miss the Saturday morning cartoons way back in the day. We had something that mimics the old 80s version of like cartoon express. But my oldest brother (the good one) recorded like millions of vcr tapes of them and I have watched them all. They use to start like at 6 in the morning and go to noon. One of my favorites from before I existed was the littles and my brother has all the original transformer cartoon series.

There was one cartoon that was like movie long and always started with a cat opening this big shiny book. I just can’t think of it, and the original smurfs, bugs bunny, my little pony, oh and there is mask lol, and inspector gadget which I love Brain :) also my older brother who loved pinky and the brain not my favorite but I love it just as much. There is also wheelie and the chopper bunch, oh and jem and flintstones and Garfield and heathcliff lll. I better stop now because of not this will turn into a cartoon thread lol. Oh and fraggle rock and do you guys remeber the snorks lol and pink panther and oh fat Albert and him going hey hey hey lol. Yes I could write a book on this but it’s what I watch when I work on my tank and has good memories (Yes I was born in the 90s lol but my older (brother good one) loved cartoons and recorded them. I still have his cartoon collection I’m to guard them with my life :).

I wasn’t born in the 80s but I’m thinking it was a pretty fantastic decade lol.
Oh wasn’t it might mouse who sang here I come to wreck your day Mighty Mouse is on the way:) or was that someone else lol.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

@Fin I thought you were more of like a dog wonder or pinky and the brain. Even space ghost comes to mind for you and oh the jetsons lol. Sorry friends I’m a cartoon girl. Love my cartoons more than anything. Sure miss the Saturday morning cartoons way back in the day. We had something that mimics the old 80s version of like cartoon express. But my oldest brother (the good one) recorded like millions of vcr tapes of them and I have watched them all. They use to start like at 6 in the morning and go to noon. One of my favorites from before I existed was the littles and my brother has all the original transformer cartoon series.

There was one cartoon that was like movie long and always started with a cat opening this big shiny book. I just can’t think of it, and the original smurfs, bugs bunny, my little pony, oh and there is mask lol, and inspector gadget which I love Brain :) also my older brother who loved pinky and the brain not my favorite but I love it just as much. There is also wheelie and the chopper bunch, oh and jem and flintstones and Garfield and heathcliff lll. I better stop now because of not this will turn into a cartoon thread lol. Oh and fraggle rock and do you guys remeber the snorks lol and pink panther and oh fat Albert and him going hey hey hey lol. Yes I could write a book on this but it’s what I watch when I work on my tank and has good memories (Yes I was born in the 90s lol but my older (brother good one) loved cartoons and recorded them. I still have his cartoon collection I’m to guard them with my life :).

Oh wasn’t it might mouse who sang here I come to wreck your day Mighty Mouse is on the way:) or was that someone else lol.

I feel like Bugs Bunny, but I may be Daffy Duck. I could go drinking with Foghorn Leghorn either way (no, not milk).

I remember Fraggle Rock, but preferred The Muppet Show. A lot on those episodes are on YouTube and I shared a few with the kids who loved it.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No love for GI Joe? :confused:

As a young child I remember waking up early on Saturday mornings and watching the New Zoo Review. It was like a warm up for the cartoons. The highlight for me was the Bugs Bunny Roadrunner show.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Mighty Mouse's theme songs was like: "Here I come to save the day!" Not wreck. :) Rocky & Bullwinkle actually debuted in Prime Time on Friday evening TV. Same with Johnny Quest, as an animated adventure series. The writing on Rocky & Bullwinkle is still funny to me today. To me, it was a little more advanced than most.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning;

Lol I love Tom and Jerry and GI Joe lol and Johnny quest plus so many more was a afraid I’d turn into a book lol. I love love love bugs bunny and road runner. That one use to play for hours and hours. I never grew tired of Wilee coyote, I’m still hoping he catches the road runner. (.lol can you say boat snack :) (if you miss the reference of boat snack lol watch Moana when Maui steals her boat and see heihei and he says oh boat snack let’s fatten you up drum stick). :) lol anyway I need to find the Johnny quest collection (I have all of bugs bunny, heathcliff, the littles, and pink panther on dvd oh and transformers as well as Tom and Jerry. Ahh so many lol.

kirstyflash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning;

Lol I love Tom and Jerry and GI Joe lol and Johnny quest plus so many more was a afraid I’d turn into a book lol. I love love love bugs bunny and road runner. That one use to play for hours and hours. I never grew tired of Wilee coyote, I’m still hoping he catches the road runner. (.lol can you say boat snack :) (if you miss the reference of boat snack lol watch Moana when Maui steals her boat and see heihei and he says oh boat snack let’s fatten you up drum stick). :) lol anyway I need to find the Johnny quest collection (I have all of bugs bunny, heathcliff, the littles, and pink panther on dvd oh and transformers as well as Tom and Jerry. Ahh so many lol.
Speaking of Tom and Jerry, my kids are watching a movie on Netflix of Tom and Jerry. Not the old school stuff but still entertaining

image.jpg

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Good morning friends it’s soooo early lol but rose and Shine, well more like sizzle and fry. (So hot outside, just think if we all get a big enough saltwater tank we could go swim in the ocean daily.

So has I have been fighting nitrates, and couldn’t figure out why they were sooo high. After taking them to my lfs and using my test kit with a new one and a Redsea one. I had the lfs employee do it that has always for me. My kit came to 160 ppm, the new one came to 15-20 ppm and Red Sea came to about 10-15 ppm. I think it’s safe to say even though my test kit is only like a month old it’s definitely not a good one.

So needless to say I bought a Red Sea test kit (spendy little buggers) but want to make sure my water is accurate.

I’m regards to cartoons I’m currently watching looney tun w and counting how many times the coyote survives something that will cause someone or thing instant sleep forever. He seems to have a survival rate, he is past all the cockroaches (eeeewwwww). So glad that if everything dies we will be in great company with Wiley coyote. :)

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Good afternoon friends as I sit here and ponder my 240, I’m open to ideas of what to add. I have been thinking of an Achilles tang yet since I have no fish disease and or had any I’m always reluctant to add fish. I’m going more towards sps aka mixed tank but somehow ran out of ideas lol.

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
QT first would be my suggestion. Make certain it is healthy before adding him to the tank.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello friends,

Bright and early and the best part is that it’s not super hot well yet on the west coast. My to list is to well clean my tank and make it purity again. Then of course make breakfast probably first usually ends up oh it’s lunch time now hmmmm brunch possibly.

For those of you who play Pokémon go depending the time zone you get to get the legendary zap something. As some of my friends want me to go, it will be the first time I have been to more than one gym in a day, or hour for that sake. But good luck in finding the special one ☝️ (which ever that is). Apparently it’s a big thing here in Boise :).

In terms of back to saltwater tanks lol, sorry squirrel, has anyone had large turbo snails just now down acros and coral. I lost an ice dragon and now a Cali tort where they were both doing really good and glued to the rocks. I’m hoping to find the Cali tort, it was so pretty and has fallen into the dark abyss. :( mean ol turbo snails. I’m about ready to relocate the large ones to the sump tank.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello friends,

Bright and early and the best part is that it’s not super hot well yet on the west coast. My to list is to well clean my tank and make it purity again. Then of course make breakfast probably first usually ends up oh it’s lunch time now hmmmm brunch possibly.

For those of you who play Pokémon go depending the time zone you get to get the legendary zap something. As some of my friends want me to go, it will be the first time I have been to more than one gym in a day, or hour for that sake. But good luck in finding the special one ☝️ (which ever that is). Apparently it’s a big thing here in Boise :).

In terms of back to saltwater tanks lol, sorry squirrel, has anyone had large turbo snails just now down acros and coral. I lost an ice dragon and now a Cali tort where they were both doing really good and glued to the rocks. I’m hoping to find the Cali tort, it was so pretty and has fallen into the dark abyss. :( mean ol turbo snails. I’m about ready to relocate the large ones to the sump tank.
I haven't had a snail do it, but my Hippo tang will periodically tug on frags to see if he can pull them free. He loves dropping things. When he gets bored he will pick up hermit crabs and drop them from the top of the tank.

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The large turbos, yes. I had several in my 140 that got to be almost 3" and they bulldozed anything that wasn't firmly epoxied down. They did a great job on algae though.

Saw this on Facebook this morning. Bet you wish your clown eggs would turn into this. :)

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Lol @Brew12 it was awesome reading how your name came to be lol. I’m not sure if my fish have decided to tug on corals yet or not. But I know my clowns are pretty mean to things including me. One of these days I’m gonna flick her from biting me every time I get close. I super glue my frags down but didn’t think they were that strong. How hard would it be for them to just go around it.

@Fin yes mine munch on alage like no other, and it’s amazing. That is so neat the video you shared and lol yes and no. In my tank ahhh no because catching them all would be a night mare. I’m a separate tank would awesome, I would have a three circus all I would need is some bears and a few tigers. I have all the clowns already and there are too many.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So kinda need help because I’m kinda stumped. My dad went to help w my tank and added salt water instead of ro which was about five gallons. My tank was fine this morning all parameters normal: alk was & cal 440 phosphates .25 ammonia hardly there if at all nitrates the same and saltwater was .25. Now that I’m home I tested my water because I noticed three of my larger acros starting to rapid tissue loss. Checked water salt was .29 alk was at 6 cal was 480 and nitrates was about 20ppm ammonia barely there and nitrites barley there.

I drained ten gallons of saltwater and added straight ro to bring it back down to .25. I also dozed my alk to bring it up and added alpha to stabilize the water quicker. I also noticed I was getting a small section of cynao in which when I sucked the water out I tried sucking as much as I could out also. I did up the flow on the wave makers to change it up but after five to ten min it just blows sand everywhere.

I know sadly once rapid tissue starts in the center there is not much I can do to stop it. I can try and frag a piece higher up and have a small piece still but it doesn’t always work.

I’m worried the rest of my tank will crash and not sure what else I can do to Make sure I don’t lose the rest of my coral or any of my fish. As far as I know this was like this for about 9 hours. Any ideas

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So kinda need help because I’m kinda stumped. My dad went to help w my tank and added salt water instead of ro which was about five gallons. My tank was fine this morning all parameters normal: alk was & cal 440 phosphates .25 ammonia hardly there if at all nitrates the same and saltwater was .25. Now that I’m home I tested my water because I noticed three of my larger acros starting to rapid tissue loss. Checked water salt was .29 alk was at 6 cal was 480 and nitrates was about 20ppm ammonia barely there and nitrites barley there.

I drained ten gallons of saltwater and added straight ro to bring it back down to .25. I also dozed my alk to bring it up and added alpha to stabilize the water quicker. I also noticed I was getting a small section of cynao in which when I sucked the water out I tried sucking as much as I could out also. I did up the flow on the wave makers to change it up but after five to ten min it just blows sand everywhere.

I know sadly once rapid tissue starts in the center there is not much I can do to stop it. I can try and frag a piece higher up and have a small piece still but it doesn’t always work.

I’m worried the rest of my tank will crash and not sure what else I can do to Make sure I don’t lose the rest of my coral or any of my fish. As far as I know this was like this for about 9 hours. Any ideas
Honestly, I find it odd that a 5 gallon addition of salt water instead of RO would cause many problems in a tank your size. Was this addition just to make up for evaporation? If so, that could cause a larger swing since your salinity would climb during the evaporation and then only drop marginally with the 5g addition.

Do you use an automatic top off system?

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning it was made to make up for the evaporation do to how hot it has been. So the tank needed about five gallons of more to top it off. On accident he put in saltwater not sure what caused all of this.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 169 67.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back