Urgh seriously.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the 220 tank . Its 72x24x30 tall ... Marineland tank (most are now days) it was 900.00 plus tax which is the best price i have found anywhere .

I Might just splurge and do a Synergy over flow instead of taking the time to build a new one myself.
Seems like a good price. 30” deep tanks are kind of a pain. Do you have long arms? :). You will need some long tools. I found a pair of 18” long tweezers to use in my new tank. My 140 was 30”, which is why I downsized my latest tank. Same footprint, but 25” high. I think the Synergy overflow would be a good choice and easy enough to install. So when are you getting the tank?

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like a good price. 30” deep tanks are kind of a pain. Do you have long arms? :). You will need some long tools. I found a pair of 18” long tweezers to use in my new tank. My 140 was 30”, which is why I downsized my latest tank. Same footprint, but 25” high. I think the Synergy overflow would be a good choice and easy enough to install. So when are you getting the tank?

The tank is sitting in our Sun room on the back of the house. The Synergy reef overflow and Diamond bit will be shipped tomorrow from BRS. The old tank is Out. Before i go to bed i will have it old stand tore out . Tomorrow on my way home from work (Starting tile in a HUGE SHOWER tomorrow) I will pick up Lumber to build new Stand. I expect to be filling the tank by the weekend Saturday at latest .

Going to be a Long week.But i am over feeding the fish to keep them occupied and not picking on each other.. i have 4 semi large tangs in a 70 gallon tank... Connected to my sump tanks..

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is sitting in our Sun room on the back of the house. The Synergy reef overflow and Diamond bit will be shipped tomorrow from BRS. The old tank is Out. Before i go to bed i will have it old stand tore out . Tomorrow on my way home from work (Starting tile in a HUGE SHOWER tomorrow) I will pick up Lumber to build new Stand. I expect to be filling the tank by the weekend Saturday at latest .

Going to be a Long week.But i am over feeding the fish to keep them occupied and not picking on each other.. i have 4 semi large tangs in a 70 gallon tank... Connected to my sump tanks..
You are definitely not lazy! :) Looking forward to seeing your new tank - don't forget to take some pictures! Start a new build thread, so we can watch it come together and get us a link here, in case we miss it once you start it. Then we will have two cool places to hang out! :cool:

squampton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. 90 days is barely enough time to get a tank up and running. My Reef Savvy 125 had a 1 year warranty. Problem is, it has been sitting in my living room (dry) for two. I am not worried about it though. :)

When I got my red sea, I filled it with freshwater and just let it run for months and hope any issues would be caught during warranty.

Only issue is the Red Sea supplied light mount, trying to get a new one that hopefully has paint that doesnt chip away and expose the metal.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Sorry to hear about your tank @Erica-Renee that is a major set back. I know they have some really nice 220 for sale used that are almost new for 450 last time I checked. Yes if you think 30 inches tall is bad try doing 34. I snorkel every time.

I didn’t get my diamond goby today but they did send me a ladder goby (same thing I guess). But he is my new addition and was told they can’t qt him because they die if they don’t have sand etc. most are too shy to eat at first but cross my fingers he doesn’t blow my tank up. Good thing is he is still in the bag and hasn’t been released lol yet. So if it’s a huge problem ahhh some let me know :) pretty please.

I’m hoping this will keep my sand much prettier and they said a 240 is way too big for one, but they don’t have any pairs. They also said if my tank is too small they starve hmmm could they be more vague. Looks like I have to hit some books and research on them more :)

4F6B9696-5D77-41F2-8FD1-3EB2F066D490.jpeg

5447952E-B1C4-41E6-B3FD-D9DCCDED4563.jpeg

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Sorry to hear about your tank @Erica-Renee that is a major set back. I know they have some really nice 220 for sale used that are almost new for 450 last time I checked. Yes if you think 30 inches tall is bad try doing 34. I snorkel every time.

I didn’t get my diamond goby today but they did send me a ladder goby (same thing I guess). But he is my new addition and was told they can’t qt him because they die if they don’t have sand etc. most are too shy to eat at first but cross my fingers he doesn’t blow my tank up. Good thing is he is still in the bag and hasn’t been released lol yet. So if it’s a huge problem ahhh some let me know :) pretty please.

I’m hoping this will keep my sand much prettier and they said a 240 is way too big for one, but they don’t have any pairs. They also said if my tank is too small they starve hmmm could they be more vague. Looks like I have to hit some books and research on them more :)

4F6B9696-5D77-41F2-8FD1-3EB2F066D490.jpeg

5447952E-B1C4-41E6-B3FD-D9DCCDED4563.jpeg
Nice fish . You know its always best to buy a Fish then Research how to care for it. Way to go.. (Teasing) I PAID 900.00 For the 220 But its New .I am going to build a stand for this one a bit different. It will sit back into the wall but the stand is not going to be Part of the wall .

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your Link is taking me to a Blank Tread starter thingie???? Yea i will start one as i start putting things together.I am taking pictures ..

Correct, takes you right to a new Member Tanks thread creator. LOL, I guess I can be pretty pushy. Don't hurt me.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
Doesn’t this thread lol count as my build thread as well lol :) and everything else as well :). I still need to figure how to get a banner at least one lol. The gobie is very shy, but is starting to eat the sand lol.

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
Doesn’t this thread lol count as my build thread as well lol :) and everything else as well :). I still need to figure how to get a banner at least one lol. The gobie is very shy, but is starting to eat the sand lol.

They do not actually EAT SAND.. sorry

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They sift the sand, stripping your sand bed of all those neat little bugs that live there. Those little organisms that like to eat fish poop and uneaten food. :) Don't mind me, I am just prejudiced against sand sifters from back in my old deep sand bed days. :)

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

That is true @Fin but lol he is one little goby in a 240 tank which some say is way to big for him. But I can’t find him either and that’s gonna worry me because normally my fish just oh here I am lovin life.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 45 56.3%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back