Urgh seriously.

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"I have to scrap some coraline alage at the very bottom, any ideas? My glass scrapper blade won’t take it off lol."

I use a long handled scraper with 4" blades from Lowe's on old float glass.
Be careful of picking up sand and scratching the glass.
Work in a downward motion, then pull the scraper away from the glass before you raise it back up.
Works great.

It only adds about 8" of reach. But that is plenty in an 18" tank.

Bronc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh valid point I know I need to put in air stones, but will the diamond globies help get rid or the cyano
No, I don’t think the Diamond Goby will get rid of Cyano, as I strictly filters the gravel. (I have a Diamond Goby)

I’ve used Chemi Clean multiple times and have had great success with it. Your skimmer is going to go crazy, so I just remove the collection cup and let it overflow back into the sump. Lots of airiation is the key to success.

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Have some really good News. AND SUPER BAD NEWS . We are No longer going to have to look at the scratch on the front of our Aquarium.. We are getting a NEW One.. Bad news is the reason why. Our tank Ruptured a Seam on the bottom back mid point . I know i can Tear it down and Reseal it.. I have done a Big tank like this a few times in the past. But well... I wanted to redo the area around the tank anyway. So now its ALL HAPPENING... All the Fishes and Corals are safe in 2 75 gallon tanks in the Basement . Live Rock in the Sump . Everything is STUFFED FULL ...

Maybe i will Document the UPGRADE ....

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Have some really good News.. We are No longer going to have to look at the scratch on the front of our Aquarium.. We are getting a NEW One.. Bad news is the reason why. Our tank Ruptured a Seam on the bottom back mid point . I know i can Tear it down and Reseal it.. I have done a Big tank like this a few times in the past. But well... I wanted to redo the area around the tank anyway. So now its ALL HAPPENING... All the Fishes and Corals are safe in 2 75 gallon tanks in the Basement . Live Rock in the Sump . Everything is STUFFED FULL ...

Maybe i will Document the UPGRADE ....
Ok, this is a first. I have never seen a reefer state that a tank rupture was good news. My mind is having a hard time processing this!

No damage to the house I'm guessing?

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, this is a first. I have never seen a reefer state that a tank rupture was good news. My mind is having a hard time processing this!

No damage to the house I'm guessing?
No damage to anything. I Have a Liner under the tank with a Drain Leading to the basement Sump... I edited my post to add and BAD NEWS.....

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

When my freshwater tank sprung a leak last summer (2017) I took that as an good omen to start a reef tank. Never looked back.

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When my freshwater tank sprung a leak last summer (2017) I took that as an good omen to start a reef tank. Never looked back.
We still have a Planted Tropical Tank. I Call it Guppy-Land..... Tangs Love Guppy Babies ... Shhhh do not ask me how i know this

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We still have a Planted Tropical Tank. I Call it Guppy-Land..... Tangs Love Guppy Babies ... Shhhh do not ask me how i know this

LOL. That is a great idea. Prettier fish than most feeders. We still have a planted 6.4 gallon tank with a beautiful Halfmoon Betta. I mean everyone needs at least two tanks minimum, right? I think my record for wet tanks at one time is four. My record including reptiles (dry tanks) is seven. That was all in a studio apartment. It was basically a bed and tanks. No TV even.
:)

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL. That is a great idea. Prettier fish than most feeders. We still have a planted 6.4 gallon tank with a beautiful Halfmoon Betta. I mean everyone needs at least two tanks minimum, right? I think my record for wet tanks at one time is four. My record including reptiles (dry tanks) is seven. That was all in a studio apartment. It was basically a bed and tanks. No TV even.
:)

We have 5 tanks actually .. Two Tropical tanks.. Display and Plant over flow / GROW Out tank.. 40 Breeder and 29 tall. Reef Display tank (bad seal one) two 70 gal tanks and a 70 gal sump and 60 gal refugium tank . The two 70s are plumbed into the sump and ONLY Ran when needed. When i QT Something i Run them on there own then Bleach them if need be..

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never had one. Reviews that I have seen over the years are mixed. I think the biggest concern that I have run across with them is sloppy construction / silicone. On a positive note, I believe Adam at Battlecorals uses their tanks. 90 day warranty would concern me.
I seen the 90 day warranty thing and there average lead time after i posted this. I need it NOW. Well by mid next week at the latest.. I have tangs in Cubbie holes compared to my Big Tank .. Lead Time is why I am not just sealing my Existing tank at the moment ...

Thank you

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fingers crossed for you.

Local fish store has a 220 in stock for 900.00 .I am sure a few of the other lfs will have something. I am still price shopping and tonight i will finish tearing out the Old Tank and build its new and a Bit Lower to floor home. It appears the new tank will be 30 inches tall. I am also going to rebuild the Over flow boxes... So lots of work ...

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Local fish store has a 220 in stock for 900.00 .I am sure a few of the other lfs will have something. I am still price shopping and tonight i will finish tearing out the Old Tank and build its new and a Bit Lower to floor home. It appears the new tank will be 30 inches tall. I am also going to rebuild the Over flow boxes... So lots of work ...
Good thing you know a qualified crafts person!

squampton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never had one. Reviews that I have seen over the years are mixed. I think the biggest concern that I have run across with them is sloppy construction / silicone. On a positive note, I believe Adam at Battlecorals uses their tanks. 90 day warranty would concern me.

I am always wary of companies who wont stand behind their products for a decent time period, 3 months seems rather short.

I almost didn't buy my Red Sea reefer because of what I consider a short warranty, but decided to anyhow.

Atleast my Aqueon has 5 year warranty.....lol

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am always wary of companies who wont stand behind their products for a decent time period, 3 months seems rather short.

I almost didn't buy my Red Sea reefer because of what I consider a short warranty, but decided to anyhow.

Atleast my Aqueon has 5 year warranty.....lol
I agree. 90 days is barely enough time to get a tank up and running. My Reef Savvy 125 had a 1 year warranty. Problem is, it has been sitting in my living room (dry) for two. I am not worried about it though. :)

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 118 42.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 95 34.4%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 43 15.6%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.8%
Back