Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Okay I’m officially lost in my own thread, ummm how does that work? The only alien movie I have seen is lol Paul and well it’s pretty funny for some aspects. @Erica-Renee are you claiming you can hold your breath and you will disappear? (So wanna see this).

Yes it is a total nightmare cleaning my tank, and I usually end up drowning myself. Except your tank is not as tall as mine (or is it mine is 34 bloody inches tall). But even if yours is 30 tall (ish) how do you reach the bottom.

So some news on current return pumps. Apparently when your kinda forgetful like me, and or fall asleep, or work forever, your tank kinda runs out of water. Yes, I ran my sump dry and both my dc pumps from current kinda didn’t like it much. But lol there is good aspects, one I learned it’s kinds bad to do that. Two, they apparently have an auto shut off switch (that I never have found or seen or knew it existed ) so they shut themselves off. The problem was I couldn’t get them to turn back on for anything. Had to make a call to current usa and humbly admitted me being dumb. They walked me through how to reset them which did work but only at 50% power lol. Which is too much for my tank anyway but they won’t adjust down. So because they fail safe doesn’t work correctly they are sending me two brand new ones. They then told me to either send my others back or use them as paper weights. How many companies are willing to cover customers dumb mistakes (like myself?). So again, this is why I have stayed with them on everything, because they are super amazing.

Yes I know I need an ato, maybe Santa and elves will bring me one lol. But FYI no donuts filled with m&m s lol I will implode because I’m allergic to something in them. No I’m not gonna eat another one to find out. Plus the skin testing hurts and I hate needlesz. (Well ones that are stuck in me, carefully placing them on others is kinda neat).

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Okay I’m officially lost in my own thread, ummm how does that work? The only alien movie I have seen is lol Paul and well it’s pretty funny for some aspects. @Erica-Renee are you claiming you can hold your breath and you will disappear? (So wanna see this).

Yes it is a total nightmare cleaning my tank, and I usually end up drowning myself. Except your tank is not as tall as mine (or is it mine is 34 bloody inches tall). But even if yours is 30 tall (ish) how do you reach the bottom.

So some news on current return pumps. Apparently when your kinda forgetful like me, and or fall asleep, or work forever, your tank kinda runs out of water. Yes, I ran my sump dry and both my dc pumps from current kinda didn’t like it much. But lol there is good aspects, one I learned it’s kinds bad to do that. Two, they apparently have an auto shut off switch (that I never have found or seen or knew it existed ) so they shut themselves off. The problem was I couldn’t get them to turn back on for anything. Had to make a call to current usa and humbly admitted me being dumb. They walked me through how to reset them which did work but only at 50% power lol. Which is too much for my tank anyway but they won’t adjust down. So because they fail safe doesn’t work correctly they are sending me two brand new ones. They then told me to either send my others back or use them as paper weights. How many companies are willing to cover customers dumb mistakes (like myself?). So again, this is why I have stayed with them on everything, because they are super amazing.

Yes I know I need an ato, maybe Santa and elves will bring me one lol. But FYI no donuts filled with m&m s lol I will implode because I’m allergic to something in them. No I’m not gonna eat another one to find out. Plus the skin testing hurts and I hate needlesz. (Well ones that are stuck in me, carefully placing them on others is kinda neat).

What you need is a Full time Live in Chaperone , Someone to watch your every move and be sure you do not break things . Maybe its time you get hitched . I know a Very nice and Organization housewife kinda chic looking for her soul mate...Match Making time maybe ????

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3777A80A-8D99-42D3-86D1-F91E1370A374.jpeg

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"No I’m not gonna eat another one to find out. Plus the skin testing hurts and I hate needlesz. (Well ones that are stuck in me, carefully placing them on others is kinda neat)"

Lol !!! If you can 'stick' someone the first time every time you are an angel.

I started giving blood in high school decades ago when a friend's dad was going for open heart surgery (1979 !) and they had a blood drive at the high school (Juniors and Seniors).
Have given just over 3 gallons total when I was younger.

Yup. My arm veins now look like a junkies and I have a hard time every time now. Butterflies in the back of the hand are the easiest route at this point.

Better half has an even bigger issue with it. Sticking him is an Olympic event.

Being a good phlebotomist is a very valuable skill! [emoji846]

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Ummmm lol @Erica-Renee me a house wifi lol good luck lol. I didn’t give up the best years of my life to stay at home.
:) but I would finally get some sleep lol. Others have matched maked for me 2 times total. I really really hope your much much better. Lol the first one (classic though) wanted to make me dinner. I was a senior in undergraduate studies (so still really young) and sadly was dumb enough to accept. So I show up for dinner, which was kinda strange anyway and of all the things this person makes me for dinner was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with chips. He most not have realized when I said I’m allergic to all nuts that it included peanut butter. His response was this isn’t a nut it’s just peanut butter with jam and a touch of honey. Trying hard not to be rude or mean I introduced him to the ingredients section. That one last two dates and I was nope this is not for me.

The second one was my junior year of med school. So I’m a tad older now lol (well finally past the legal age to drink which I can’t anyway (no fun right), and I listen to my lab partner. Great in labs, terrible for match making lol. Wants me to go on a date with this neighbor guy of hers.

So I meet him and we’ll come to find out he is married, still. Wants to go on dates, to see if the grass is greener. I purposely failed my section of lab just for pay back :). Yeah not sure I’m okay with Cupid and her little bow because her aim is terrible.

@norfolkgarden lol I can definitely on the first try. I simply use a skill saw and cut off fingers and get as much blood as I need. Then I use a settling torch to stop the hemorrhaging:). Just kidding. I have always use butterflies and I’m very very good. 90% of the time nurses always do this rarely now do I need to. But for those who have issues and nurses have stuck 50 times and, the patient is super mad I can do it really painlessly. Even then they usually call one of the air flight paramedics, or one of the anesthesia nurses to do it.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah not sure I’m okay with Cupid and her little bow because her aim is terrible.
pffft… Stay single!!!!
And I say this as an incredibly happy married man. My wife is amazing but it is much easier to live life to it's fullest when you can get away with being a little selfish. I think one reason our marriage works so well is that I had done almost everything on my bucket list before we got married (I was 34). I was well established and knew exactly what I was looking for before we met. My wife had her first marriage when she was much younger and it obviously didn't go very well (lucky for me! ;)). Now, she is happy because we are working together to knock things off of her bucket list.

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Ummmm lol @Erica-Renee me a house wifi lol good luck lol. I didn’t give up the best years of my life to stay at home.
:) but I would finally get some sleep lol. .

I think you misread that.. I mean We need to hook you up with a HOUSE WIFE... Someone to keep you in order , so you have time to sleep and work. The Chic i have in mind is very organized and Can Cook, Clean and Scrub algae as needed.... Once your application and Check has been processed i can send her your way for a trial run....

Thank you in advance for your business..

Ps You will also be responsible to pay the Electrician for wiring Her Charging port next to the bed..

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

@Erica-Renee lol now I’m really lost, like @Fin I need a reference guide to determine your wording lol.

So did tank stuff today and been dozing alk and calcium e everyday to find my alk was at 7, down from mid 8-9. Yikes so that’s coming back up. Donated some time to the local aquarium and I had reef duty lol.

Took some pics and the lights they use are amazing, some no name brand from China. (Not the black boxes, but yeah not even close). But their corals looks sooo pretty minus the disco effect on the sand lol. But they are going to propagate some of their acans for me yay. (These pics are from the Boise aquarium)

FD4D7CC0-6737-43E1-BCBA-462B83F458A6.jpeg

955BC1C8-A49F-43A2-8C27-E8B634D29B85.jpeg

F0E4D7AF-62EA-46AD-8BA8-BACB8C399706.jpeg

174E53B7-E855-4127-9636-60B39471E561.jpeg

559B6C63-0C79-4380-AB63-64E4D3C35B4E.jpeg

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So after spending time fixing the reefs at the local aquarium (see above photos), it made me feel guilty I neglected mine lol. With that said I cleaned the filter socks,
Cleaned the glass, killed like 20 aptasia (what the heck I didn’t have any a month ago). They keep coming back in the same spot that I have chalked them.

This time I left my pumps off for s good 45 min to make sure the chalk stayed. It’s impressive to how much crystal clear the socks make ones water. Yet, thinking a weekly change should keep them at bay. I want to add more filtration to my sump but don’t have a clue really how. My sump is old old old school, so nothing fancy. But definitely need to replace the filter pad before the return pumps. Speaking of which lol the returns need a nice long vinegar bath.

The protein skimmer is umm beyond gross so it’s going to get a big bath on Thursday or sooner. I will need to get more saltwater, as I want to drain the sump and get all the nasties off. Wondering if a vinegar bath will get all the stringy nasties off of my heaters also.

Also changed the flow in the one corner, of this doesn’t work I’m just gonna use chemi clean to get rid of cyano. Worked great with the goby until they decided to go hard wood surfing and caught a couch wave.

If I failed to mention I saw the new wreck it Ralph aka Ralph breaks the internet (maybe I will get this right, if not ahhh oops,) but this preview so reminds me of Well me. In a sense it’s me feeding the bunny :)

So clearly I’m kinda dumb at smart phones but lol if you go to you tub and search Ralph breaks the internet bunny gets the pancake (it’s like 45 seconds long) that’s totally me :)
Or this may be it lol and maybe not anyway if any one can tell me how to share a link on here great. Also ummm my niece (6) who is in kindergarten knows more than I do, so may need to explain it like I’m 2 years old on how to share a link.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Sorry dear friends have been still crazy busy with work, but I’m here. I have moved my ice dragon from a spot where it had directly flow, now to a place that’s kinda shielded.
The results (it loves it lol), and now I have really nice polyp extensions:). I also noticed my pc rainbow was losing flesh so I fragged it and did the same thing just on the other side of the rock. It colored back up nicely, sooooo I moved the wave maker lol and turned it down.

I also put my filter socks back on, and wow water melt have been dirty, since they started to overflow in there’s days time. Installed the second set and will wash these ones before those get dirty. The tank is looking really good, except a few sections still small on the left with cyano. It would be nice if Lfs would get some gobies in :)

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I go back and forth on the filter sock deal too. I hate that they catch pods, for one thing. I like that they help get junk out of the water. Cleaning the felt socks is just a real pain to me, so I use the mesh. They clean easier. The wife would have me sleeping on the sofa, if she caught me putting some week old filter socks in the washing machine. So, I don't even bother with that. I am old and prefer my nice comfy adjustable bed. :)

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wife would have me sleeping on the sofa, if she caught me putting some week old filter socks in the washing machine. . I am old and prefer my nice comfy adjustable bed. :)

Tell her the Bleach you use to clean them also cleans the Washing machine as it cleans them. I thought that is what a washing machine is for.. I clean huge drop cloths for work in ours

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate that they catch pods, for one thing.
Only the traitorous ones trying to escape via the overflow. You don't want those in your system anyway.

The wife would have me sleeping on the sofa, if she caught me putting some week old filter socks in the washing machine.

Tell her the Bleach you use to clean them also cleans the Washing machine as it cleans them
+1 on this.
Before I started bleaching my filter socks regularly (I keep 5 sets and wash them all every 2 weeks) our washing machine would get a funky smell until we ran the special cleaner. Haven't had to do that in over a year now.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

As I sit here working on my tank and keeping things simple in my tank, I decided to start off with my first Xmas movie of the holiday season. Now curious as to who can guess which movie I choose (hint it’s a classic but not as old as like Xmas story etc or Rudolph frosty etc) think 80s and above lol

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 42 28.4%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 70 47.3%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back