Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Well today after work I checked on my tank and still continue to pack. Curious if I can just throw it in the middle of my drive way and torch it lol. Probably not! But much easier and who wants to keep all this stuff anyway right, (i did but don’t know that I’m moving lol).

Anyway checked on my tank and still trying to save what I can. The positive is tank parameters are good so keeping those steady. I also have flat worms on some of my corals. May wait a month before I treat it with flat worm ex. Tank is already not happy well coral wise. The fish I admit handled everything extremely well. It’s like nothing changed or anything. They still go to the same side to eat, my clown still bites me every time I reach in the water, all my tangs love me or pretend to. Now hoping some coral will make it. Some showed good signs and now have started to turn to the worse. Some have stabilized but maybe 40% are doing okay. I have lost most of my sps colonies (4 left 2 doing good 2 trying), I had almost 25 roughly. Lps is struggling, chalices and montipora struggling.

Because the water is so much cleaner I’m feeding reef roids to help, but I have substantially dropped my nopox level down from a normal 25ml to 10 ml for three days then 9ml for three days etc. that will stress them also if I just stop dosing it. Alk and calcium are the same usage amount (oddly).

I’m thinking after a month I’ll treat the flat worms which never done. Just know they are toxic and I can’t seem them but hoping after I treat it will be able to. I will have 100 gallons of salt water on hand to do a water change and will have to get a filter to run carbon media in as well. I’m also dosing seed to help put good bacteria back into my tank. Sorry forgot to take pics but will get some tomorrow. Stressing the movers come Thursday, so it’s hard to pack everything when I still need to live.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Well today after work I checked on my tank and still continue to pack. Curious if I can just throw it in the middle of my drive way and torch it lol. Probably not! But much easier and who wants to keep all this stuff anyway right, (i did but don’t know that I’m moving lol).

Anyway checked on my tank and still trying to save what I can. The positive is tank parameters are good so keeping those steady. I also have flat worms on some of my corals. May wait a month before I treat it with flat worm ex. Tank is already not happy well coral wise. The fish I admit handled everything extremely well. It’s like nothing changed or anything. They still go to the same side to eat, my clown still bites me every time I reach in the water, all my tangs love me or pretend to. Now hoping some coral will make it. Some showed good signs and now have started to turn to the worse. Some have stabilized but maybe 40% are doing okay. I have lost most of my sps colonies (4 left 2 doing good 2 trying), I had almost 25 roughly. Lps is struggling, chalices and montipora struggling.

Because the water is so much cleaner I’m feeding reef roids to help, but I have substantially dropped my nopox level down from a normal 25ml to 10 ml for three days then 9ml for three days etc. that will stress them also if I just stop dosing it. Alk and calcium are the same usage amount (oddly).

I’m thinking after a month I’ll treat the flat worms which never done. Just know they are toxic and I can’t seem them but hoping after I treat it will be able to. I will have 100 gallons of salt water on hand to do a water change and will have to get a filter to run carbon media in as well. I’m also dosing seed to help put good bacteria back into my tank. Sorry forgot to take pics but will get some tomorrow. Stressing the movers come Thursday, so it’s hard to pack everything when I still need to live.
I wouldn’t dose seed and Nopox. What do you need seed for? Your bacteria shouldn’t have died off.
What kind of flatworms? What corals are they on?

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t dose seed and Nopox. What do you need seed for? Your bacteria shouldn’t have died off.
What kind of flatworms? What corals are they on?

They are on like my candy canes some soft corals. I will have to take a pic but I didn’t even know the lfs pointed it out to me.

Lfs suggested I do a dosage of seed since we used about 60 new gallons of water and that, it would help the tank. The nopox I was dosing daily so according lfs and redsea they both said do not stop it and wheen it off slowly. Because I had low nutrients is why I dosed reef roids, but as much as I hate this new rock scape it does flow a lot better water wise. I’m hoping to not have to use the nopox any longer. That’s why I was dosing it down, they both also said I may have a lot more coral loss if I don’t. Not sure if they say that so I buy more stuff or more corals, ahh either way they kinda have me cornered.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Well today has been overly exhausting as I can’t believe that one I completely filled a 40 foot moving truck. The other part is last and this morning my adorable naso tang that has always been with me died sometime today. She was swimming and eating this morning and when the mover showed up to unload st my new house she had died. It had to be very recent because all fins were still there, etc (all colors). But she was upside down on the side of my tank and the cove rock. All other fish seem fine and she was doing very well since the move a week ago. Tested all water parameters and nothing out of order. So this move has been a major set back in some aspects.

Here is a pic of the truck after it was loaded.

73D3929A-4FEC-4121-B370-34DDE8BB1312.jpeg

Tumey

Reefer With A Broken Brain ( TBI Survivor )
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sarah24! I’m sorry for your loss :( I’d been binge reading your thread from the beginning & finally made it to the most recent post! I hope you don’t mind me jumping aboard. Your thread is definitely one of the most fun & entertaining to read!

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Well today has been overly exhausting as I can’t believe that one I completely filled a 40 foot moving truck. The other part is last and this morning my adorable naso tang that has always been with me died sometime today. She was swimming and eating this morning and when the mover showed up to unload st my new house she had died. It had to be very recent because all fins were still there, etc (all colors). But she was upside down on the side of my tank and the cove rock. All other fish seem fine and she was doing very well since the move a week ago. Tested all water parameters and nothing out of order. So this move has been a major set back in some aspects.

Here is a pic of the truck after it was loaded.

73D3929A-4FEC-4121-B370-34DDE8BB1312.jpeg
Sorry for the losses, my friend. Especially the Naso. At least all (or at least most) of your stuff has been moved to the new location now and you can begin to get your life back in order. It is still just mind-boggling to me that all of this is the result of you cutting your grass. I do know some people in New Orleans that are into VooDoo. A few well-placed pins and curses are in order for the HOA folks. :) Take your time getting settled into your new place and get some much-needed rest.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Yeah ahhh lol movers were fairly expensive. It ended up being almost 1900 total. I was fairly upset they charged me 125 for gas and 240 for travel time which covers 2 hours. My new house was 4 min away. Even the movers that drove the truck said to call and have fuel and travel time taken off or reduced. Come to find out it’s a standard for all. I guess I should have moved to Oregon or even better New York since it only would have cost me 240 for travel time.

Losing my naso tang along with the corals have really really damaged me emotionally. The corals was painful enough but losing my Naso that was my very first fish is just devasting and hard. I have no idea what happened she was fine when I fed the fish that morning at 8am. She was swimming like crazy and ate everything. Then by 230 pm she was upside down and trapped between the tank and a side rock. Usually cuc make short work of them, however she was completely intacked and had fully color, fins and eyes. I’m really at a loss of how she died.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Yeah ahhh lol movers were fairly expensive. It ended up being almost 1900 total. I was fairly upset they charged me 125 for gas and 240 for travel time which covers 2 hours. My new house was 4 min away. Even the movers that drove the truck said to call and have fuel and travel time taken off or reduced. Come to find out it’s a standard for all. I guess I should have moved to Oregon or even better New York since it only would have cost me 240 for travel time.

Losing my naso tang along with the corals have really really damaged me emotionally. The corals was painful enough but losing my Naso that was my very first fish is just devasting and hard. I have no idea what happened she was fine when I fed the fish that morning at 8am. She was swimming like crazy and ate everything. Then by 230 pm she was upside down and trapped between the tank and a side rock. Usually cuc make short work of them, however she was completely intacked and had fully color, fins and eyes. I’m really at a loss of how she died.
Are you testing the basics too? Ammonia nitrite nitrate? A lot of these issues sound like you are having a mini cycle or something. Sorry for your loss, it’s hard :(

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you testing the basics too? Ammonia nitrite nitrate? A lot of these issues sound like you are having a mini cycle or something. Sorry for your loss, it’s hard :(

Hello,

Yes I have tested everything and I’m not sure what’s going on. My clam has its mantle out but not like it use to. It is about 4 inches higher but it’s a Maximus clam it wants light. I’m to the point the breaking point, between moving and my tank.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm so sorry. I know this move has taken a huge toll on you. I know when I switched tanks, I was told to expect 25% losses. Doesn't make it any less painful. Now at least you can start fresh!

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Yes it’s set to be delivered on the 19th with all my other stuff. It will sit in the garage for the time being. I did not think this tank would be this hard to move to begin with. I still think if we had placed all base rocks first then added sand then water would have been faster and easier.

It seems I have to move things twice and take things out again just to place base rock which may make it cloudy again. But I’m not off work till 8 tonight so already feeling exhausted.
Did you get your big new tank yesterday!! Pics !! :D:D:D

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank!! Just say the word and myself and @Hemmdog and @Bleigh will come out and help you get it all up and moved. I have some suction cups. We are the traveling reef squad. Heck I can even cover a shift for ya at the hospital!
Yessss, lets goooo!!

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank!! Just say the word and myself and @Hemmdog and @Bleigh will come out and help you get it all up and moved. I have some suction cups. We are the traveling reef squad. Heck I can even cover a shift for ya at the hospital!

Lol. I’m all for supervising, may not actually participate in the lifting. In all honesty, it would be super fun to all Meet up and help get such a big tank working. I would REALLY enjoy that. Would help me plan mine out too.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get your big new tank yesterday!! Pics !! :D:D:D

Hello,

Lol oh goodness you make me laugh:). No it’s still stored at FedEx and I haven’t even arranged for it to be delivered yet.i went from a 3 car to a 2 car and at the moment it’s completely full of boxes that I have to wonder if I want to unload or light on fire in the middle of the street. I was shocked that I completely filled a 40 foot truck. Not to mention I still have at least 4-5 light loads with the Jeep from my old house.

My house is complete disaster lol I can’t even find my silverware (and I wrote on each box). It’s do I buy more or keep looking.

The new tank is a 425, but I’m renting this house for the moment until I either find one I want to buy or build one. I want a cement floor, I was not thrilled about reinforcing my floor. Plus this new tank I’m pretty sure won’t fit. It will if in my living room but it’s carpet and not excited about that.

Oh wow just saw all new posts lol let me catch up quick.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Lol oh goodness you make me laugh:). No it’s still stored at FedEx and I haven’t even arranged for it to be delivered yet.i went from a 3 car to a 2 car and at the moment it’s completely full of boxes that I have to wonder if I want to unload or light on fire in the middle of the street. I was shocked that I completely filled a 40 foot truck. Not to mention I still have at least 4-5 light loads with the Jeep from my old house.

My house is complete disaster lol I can’t even find my silverware (and I wrote on each box). It’s do I buy more or keep looking.

The new tank is a 425, but I’m renting this house for the moment until I either find one I want to buy or build one. I want a cement floor, I was not thrilled about reinforcing my floor. Plus this new tank I’m pretty sure won’t fit. It will if in my living room but it’s carpet and not excited about that.

Oh wow just saw all new posts lol let me catch up quick.

Have you made sure they still have it? I thought the policy was they would hold for 5 business days. Maybe a tad longer if you’re on vacation. After that, I’m fairly sure they return to sender.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back