OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you made sure they still have it? I thought the policy was they would hold for 5 business days. Maybe a tad longer if you’re on vacation. After that, I’m fairly sure they return to sender.

Hello,

Yes your correct, I had to pay for them to aka basically store it. I’m hoping here (if I ever catch up), to have it delivered. The lady I spoke with was understanding and told me at first no but checked with I guess their boss (whatever they are called), and said they would keep it there but would have to pay storage. I will have to double check but they told me 60 a month. But it’s either going to go in the garage somewhere or ahh I’m not sure what I’m gonna do. The plan prior was to just place it in the middle of my 3 spot in the garage. I didn’t even think about that when I was looking. Sadly I realized it yesterday lol and was ahhh dang it.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Yes your correct, I had to pay for them to aka basically store it. I’m hoping here (if I ever catch up), to have it delivered. The lady I spoke with was understanding and told me at first no but checked with I guess their boss (whatever they are called), and said they would keep it there but would have to pay storage. I will have to double check but they told me 60 a month. But it’s either going to go in the garage somewhere or ahh I’m not sure what I’m gonna do. The plan prior was to just place it in the middle of my 3 spot in the garage. I didn’t even think about that when I was looking. Sadly I realized it yesterday lol and was ahhh dang it.

Ugh. So many working parts. I can commiserate. I HATE moving. I will NEVER do it again unless I have enough money to have someone come and pack everything up, move it, then unpack. ;Hilarious

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you made sure they still have it? I thought the policy was they would hold for 5 business days. Maybe a tad longer if you’re on vacation. After that, I’m fairly sure they return to sender.

Hello,

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh. So many working parts. I can commiserate. I HATE moving. I will NEVER do it again unless I have enough money to have someone come and pack everything up, move it, then unpack. ;Hilarious

Hello,

Yes moving is something to make any one go slightly mad. I had to pack everything and I threw a lot away. But I had my two car garage completely filled with boxes and I had my two sons move me. With three people it took them from 830 to 530 to load and unload. Loading took forever, they didn’t finish till almost 3. So not sure why unloading went soo much faster. But it was still 1900 to have them move me then another 340 to move my tank so in reality maybe I should have just paid the dumb hoa. With almost 2500 in moving costs and now add money for loss of my naso tang which was almost 7 inches plus the 25 plus corals and I’m probably close to 5,000. Oh and I would not have had to become a cave troll and reinforce my floor. Usually I make pretty sound desicions, I am not sure I can count this as one of them. Plus storage fees for the other tank, and just think I have to do this again when I either buy or build a home. Yeah on a scale of 1-10 (10 being highest), moving hasn’t hit a 1 yet. Not to mention the time of packing and unpacking. I can say for certain I’m no longer going to just keep rooms for my niece and nephews. Wow they had a ton of stuff.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello,

Yeah ahhh lol movers were fairly expensive. It ended up being almost 1900 total. I was fairly upset they charged me 125 for gas and 240 for travel time which covers 2 hours. My new house was 4 min away. Even the movers that drove the truck said to call and have fuel and travel time taken off or reduced. Come to find out it’s a standard for all. I guess I should have moved to Oregon or even better New York since it only would have cost me 240 for travel time.

Losing my naso tang along with the corals have really really damaged me emotionally. The corals was painful enough but losing my Naso that was my very first fish is just devasting and hard. I have no idea what happened she was fine when I fed the fish that morning at 8am. She was swimming like crazy and ate everything. Then by 230 pm she was upside down and trapped between the tank and a side rock. Usually cuc make short work of them, however she was completely intacked and had fully color, fins and eyes. I’m really at a loss of how she died.
That's ridiculous and I urge you to warn others on google and other reviews and give them a one star on review. that extra $300 could do wonders for your tank or buy you some very fine Wine !!

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello,

Yes moving is something to make any one go slightly mad. I had to pack everything and I threw a lot away. But I had my two car garage completely filled with boxes and I had my two sons move me. With three people it took them from 830 to 530 to load and unload. Loading took forever, they didn’t finish till almost 3. So not sure why unloading went soo much faster. But it was still 1900 to have them move me then another 340 to move my tank so in reality maybe I should have just paid the dumb hoa. With almost 2500 in moving costs and now add money for loss of my naso tang which was almost 7 inches plus the 25 plus corals and I’m probably close to 5,000. Oh and I would not have had to become a cave troll and reinforce my floor. Usually I make pretty sound desicions, I am not sure I can count this as one of them. Plus storage fees for the other tank, and just think I have to do this again when I either buy or build a home. Yeah on a scale of 1-10 (10 being highest), moving hasn’t hit a 1 yet. Not to mention the time of packing and unpacking. I can say for certain I’m no longer going to just keep rooms for my niece and nephews. Wow they had a ton of stuff.
As upsetting as this is, let me comfort you with this thought......….........…… Opening day of the very last Star Wars, I had a major leak on my 360g. I lost EVERYTHING- about $7000. I WILL NOT LET A TANK KICK ME IN THE BUTT !
I resealed it and eliminated some of the rock and rescaped. The tank Never looked so nice, then after losing all those big honking 6+ " fish (mainly tangs).. . . afforded me to get the fish I realized I actually want(ed) and that became one of my best tanks I've owned.
Moving. . ah yes- you have enough thing to stress you out - Don't let a tank be one of them : YOU GOT THIS !!

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Yeah. Moving is really expensive. I think we can forget how involved it is if we haven’t done it recently.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So the hits just keep on coming, and no idea what to fix. Came home today from in service and I lost my clam and my blue hippo tang. I have no ammonia, nitrite, skimmer is producing air, nitrates are maybe 2
And phosphates maybe .15 little lower than the first color mark on the api test. Had lfs do separate tests same results. Still losing coral, and no idea where to stop the bleeding. Same thing with my blue hippo she was swimming this morning and ate food etc. she didn’t come out for the night feeding and I started to look and she was behind the rocks in the back. I’m pretty sure just the moving of the tank stressed the clam out. Normally it has always had its mantle out and even from day one it has not done well. I was still hoping it would get better if I kept every thing the same as before. I even left it on the same rock, I moved the clam on the rock and built the rock scape to fit it and placed pumps in the same place. It’s been a very long dreadful two weeks.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So the hits just keep on coming, and no idea what to fix. Came home today from in service and I lost my clam and my blue hippo tang. I have no ammonia, nitrite, skimmer is producing air, nitrates are maybe 2
And phosphates maybe .15 little lower than the first color mark on the api test. Had lfs do separate tests same results. Still losing coral, and no idea where to stop the bleeding. Same thing with my blue hippo she was swimming this morning and ate food etc. she didn’t come out for the night feeding and I started to look and she was behind the rocks in the back. I’m pretty sure just the moving of the tank stressed the clam out. Normally it has always had its mantle out and even from day one it has not done well. I was still hoping it would get better if I kept every thing the same as before. I even left it on the same rock, I moved the clam on the rock and built the rock scape to fit it and placed pumps in the same place. It’s been a very long dreadful two weeks.
How’s your temp? Are you getting good ventilation in your house? It sounds like an oxygen deprivation issue, it’s taking out the big animals that breathe a lot.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s your temp? Are you getting good ventilation in your house? It sounds like an oxygen deprivation issue, it’s taking out the big animals that breathe a lot.

Hello,

I’m not super sure on that, but I cleaned the skimmer and made sure the Ventura wasn’t plugged and the skimmmer has a good mixture. It’s too late here to buy air stones but I will add air stones to the tank to increase it. I Have temporarily moved the gyre up some to make the surface water generate more air. Yes there is a word for that but I’m so brain dead I don’t even lol care or have the effort to look it up. But I’m certain as soon as I fall asleep I will remember it.

In all honesty this has been the first time where all parameters are stable, yet I’m losing everything. Literally going through everything just to see what I could be missing. What’s hard is it’s killkng them one by one it’s not a mass die off.

I haven’t had nitrates or much of phosphates so I weened the tank off the nopox. But even then that only affects corals, not the fish. Temp has been constant at 78.8 just like last time. Lights are on the same program, wave makers same program same placing, and returns skimmer is literally thee exact same. What is different is there is much more flow now due to how the rock scape is. But so much it kills the fish and clam? Makes me say unlikely, possible sure but most of the sps are on top (well was, most are somewhere in the garage bin). and I tried to place corals in the same general area as close as possible.

The only thing I can possible think is my normal shop uses instant ocean and I generally use that. Yet they were out and I had to go the other lfs. They use Fritz which is suppose to be a better mix. I’m curious if that’s the issue because I have never deviated from certain things aka salt water, garlic guard, what ever fish food I use. I know corals and fish can react negatively and positively to different salt mixtures.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Anything different with type of water? Verify salinity?
What is current ph?

DMG Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you had an ick outbreak awhile back, I wonder if the stress of the move has caused an illness. Did you examine them for spots or discoloration? Are any of them breathing heavy?

I've changed salt brands many times and my fish never seemed to notice.

When I moved my tank in May, I lost one fish to a bacterial infection after the move. The other 5 fish did fine but just the one was more fragile.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything different with type of water? Verify salinity?
What is current ph?

Hello,

Well I have for the last two years used instant ocean from lfs. When they did the move they didn’t bring salt water so I had to rush. Well they were actually out, ( I always buy the pre maid from the lfs. Since they were out I went to the other shop and they do Fritz pro.
This is the only time I have deviated salt water. The ph is close to 8.2-8.4 right where should be. M

None of them have any discoloration or any signs of ick or marine ick. Nine breath hard, all seem very happy and eating like crazy and swimming. My blue hippo always hides but when I feed she comes running. When I fed this time I knew something was wrong because she didn’t show up. Her and the naso where always sitting by the food section saying feed me. I will probably do a large water change Sunday back to instant ocean. Salinity is the same 1.025. Again totally lost on this.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man I must have missed some posts! I thought I remember pics of how you reinforced the floor at the new place already.
She did brace the flooring under her 240, not for the 425.
I think we have that here, it's called - "Two Cajuns and a Truck." :)
Hello,

Urgh, more losses. So sorry, Sarah. I really hate that you are going through this. This has all sucked, for sure. :(
This was my thought as well. I wonder about bacteria loss in her sand bed, similar to what would happen in an extended power outage.

Last edited:

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your fish, Moving is tough on everyone even your friends here ;) I have moved several times, the last time I hired movers and that was the best money I ever spent. Then it takes a year to finally get everything settled. If you intend on moving agian keep some things packed up.
Keep your Chin Up your doing well for all you have on your plate.

Back